unfied_inventory - Creative bug

LoweGaming
GitHub: LoweTV
IRC: LoweTV
In-game: LoweTV

unfied_inventory - Creative bug

by LoweGaming » Post

yesterday I wanted to change something on my server when I saw how the player "TalkLounge" had taken items from the creativ inventory and grief the Spawn without having any privs for it.

That's why I wanted to inquire about how I can fix the problem many times in advance.

Mfg Lowe
Last edited by LoweGaming on Mon Jun 04, 2018 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: unfied_inventory - Creative bug

by Krock » Post

That's an issue in Minetest Game, version 0.4.16. Update minetest_game and consider doing the same for Minetest too while you're already at it:
Minetest Game 0.4.17: https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... tag/0.4.17
Minetest 0.4.17: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20221
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

TalkLounge
GitHub: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

by TalkLounge » Post

First: Hi Lowe. Nice that you ask for some help, after I told you to do this :)
yesterday I wanted to change something on my server
Thats always a good idea.
I saw how the player "TalkLounge" had taken items from the creativ inventory and grief the Spawn without having any privs for it
And you shouldn´t betray players. :)

Yes I have opened the creative inventory and throw some dig arrows.

And why I did this?
To show you, that you currently aren´t able to run a server. Because you dont know, what you can do with your mods on your server(Dig arrows in protectet area). And you arent able to fix some easy bugs(Creative Inventory).

After I griefed a bit the spawn, I told you, that you should bring help, if you don´t know how to fix some bugs or run a server. Because since we had beef(I know Lowe now for 1+ years and we talked often in voice chat, before the beef), there were less changes on your server, which is, because you doesn´t have teached yourself how to run a server and how to fix bugs etc. And don´t asked for help, if you can´t teach it by yourself.

That I told you, that you should ask for help seems to be arrived. That it first worked after I griefed your server is said... I will ignore it, that your plan was it to slag me with this post.

Now how to fix the bug
Add a mod, which has all other mods as dependency and use this code

Code: Select all

for name, def in pairs(minetest.registered_items) do
  local tbl = def.groups
  tbl.not_in_creative_inventory = 1
  minetest.override_item(name, {groups = tbl})
end
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

so welcome to the beginners club,
but to complain a gamer that showed you a bug, and tells you you should take care about it ...

should be welcome, as he is often also at me (Celines Wildes Thailand), as I host now a old world we both worked together sure a year building.

So I would take that advice to search for a solution without writing like TL did bad. So I hope for you, that will fix that problem silent, or not complain others first ...

as I also sometime take a weeks searching myself to find the problem before i ask here. But that seams to be a new "cool" anyway, see floh44,
and i think how I could read and ask further about problems for 2 years BEFORE i did my own open one.

Sure i also make mistakes now, as it is difficult to reactivate old mods, to keep the old world the same looking.

But sure also, the help from TalkLounge is always welcome at me.

I have already visitors they tell nothing, and destroy more than just this ..., so remind also: keep backups.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

TalkLounge
GitHub: TalkLounge
In-game: TalkLounge

by TalkLounge » Post

without writing like TL did bad
I did something bad. I digged 10 - 25 Blocks from the spawn. Should I say that someone told me, before this "grief", that you did a backup a few minutes before? Whatever

I know that it was a bad idea to do this. But I did it anyway.

Why?
A griefer destroys your whole map. I digged only 10 - 25 Blocks. After that I told you that theres still the bug with the creative inventory. Then you banned me.
Before your server was public, I told you the problem with the creative inventory.
Did you fixed the bug? No

I dont know, why you want to slag me with this post.
I dont understand as well, why you want to fix the bug now? Maybe you can slag me and fix the bug at once?

I am not a cheater or hacker. I know how to cheat, yes. But I dont use it to be better.
Does the "grief" gives me more respect or makes me better? No, on the contrary.

And Lowe if you suggest that I "griefed" your spawn, you should prove it. Because you publish a lie, when you doesnt have evidence and I say, that I wasnt that.
Subgames Server: Sky World Subgames German Survival Server: Wildes Land 2 E-Mail: talklounge@yahoo.de

u34

by u34 » Post

Krock wrote:That's an issue in Minetest Game, version 0.4.16. Update minetest_game and consider doing the same for Minetest too while you're already at it:
Minetest Game 0.4.17: https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... tag/0.4.17
Minetest 0.4.17: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20221
+1

ChimneySwift
GitHub: ChimneySwift
IRC: ChimneySwift
In-game: ChimneySwift

by ChimneySwift » Post

TalkLounge wrote: --snip--
Add a mod, which has all other mods as dependency and use this code

Code: Select all

for name, def in pairs(minetest.registered_items) do
  local tbl = def.groups
  tbl.not_in_creative_inventory = 1
  minetest.override_item(name, {groups = tbl})
end
Don't do this. lol. That'll remove all items from the creative inventory.

Instead you need to add a privilege check to creative (or just update the mod)
A spoon is basically a tiny bowl with a stick on it

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

After reading through this thread it sounds as if this has been a misunderstanding between you two. That can easily happen in chat. It may also be of relevance weather the griefing was something serious or just a few blocks for testing + demonstration to the admin. Asking for advice on the forum is a good idea to get started. For more pressing cases there's also good old IRC.
A list of my mods can be found here.