Formspecs are too tall for my window [SOLVED]

Starbeamrainbowlabs
GitHub: sbrl

Formspecs are too tall for my window [SOLVED]

by Starbeamrainbowlabs » Post

Hello,

I've noticed an issue when running Minetest on widescreen monitors. The size of formspecs seems to be tied exclusively to the width of the Minetest window, disregarding the height entirely. Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

Is this an issue with Minetest itself, or unified inventory?
Last edited by Starbeamrainbowlabs on Fri Sep 28, 2018 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Formspecs are too tall for my window

by Krock » Post

Scaling issue. Once upon a time we had a scrollbar to adjust that setting in the settings tab directly.
Navigate in the Main Menu to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Client -> Graphics -> Ingame -> Menus and change "gui_scaling" to something like "0.8", then restart Minetest to ensure that the settings are reloaded.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Starbeamrainbowlabs

Ah, I see @Krock. The awkward issue there is that 0.8 is way to small! I've got a Hi-DPI screen, so I can't see properly without it at 1.38, and I don't particularly like playing with a narrow window just so that I can both have the gui scaling and see the whole window. Is there any other option?

I'm happy to write some code & submit a PR if it's a bug.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

The font and HUD scale (size) can be adjusted in the Advanced Settings as well. If some dialogues are scaled differently, then it it's a bug -> PRs here. That the formspec (inventory screen) exceeds the window border is not nice but a result of proportional scaling. Otherwise the buttons would be much bigger on small formspecs than likewise on a large one.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Starbeamrainbowlabs

Ah, thanks for getting back to me - sorry this reply is late (I don't get any email notifications from the Minetest forums - I'll have to look into why that is). That seems to have solved my issue just nicely - a combination of the HUD scale factor & the font size seems to have done the trick for me. Though the text is too wide in places (e.g. the buttons in the formspec that comes up when you press esc), it's certainly bearable.

Thanks again, @Krock!