Admin "texture" abusing power.

Rayezrr
In-game: Rayezrr

Admin "texture" abusing power.

by Rayezrr » Post

Hi, me and my real life girlfriend of around 6 months started playing on the server "liberty land" server a little more than a month ago, either of us had received 0 issues from anyone in any way, shape or form, we are both players that are above the age of 18 and ever since yesterday, we came into contact with an admin known as "texture". from the start, she was eavesdropping on us speaking to other personal friends whom we were trying to help get started in the server with us, we together have made a beautiful homestead, then this "texture" decided to come into our home unannounced, sift through our chests, and proceed to ask me "who's your girlfriend" then tried telling us that we had to break up in real life simply to be allowed to play on the server overall. We ignored this and just told her what she wanted to hear and then went on our merry way, a few moments later she disconnected from the server, no more than 5 minutes later an account called "Taa0613" logged on, proceeded to teleport to our house (when we did not have a single teleport node or i did not accept any tp request, meaning this account had administrative privileges) after me and my girlfriend attempted to tell the individual to leave, they proceeded to sift through our chests (keep in mind, we had claim blocks covering the place, meaning no regular player would be able to even access them without admin perms) steal several of our belongings, stare into our faces trying to hit us with our own tools stolen out from our chests, then proceeded to walk over to our stables, kill our only horse, break 2 blocks in the stable, then disconnected from the server. I know this "Taa0613" account was texture for reasons being; no other player even simply knew where we were, no other player besides texture was even interacting with us, no other player was capable of teleporting to our location, no other admin had been on besides "texture" who was even able to access our chests, the incidents were within 5 minutes of each other, and both names 'just so happened' to begin with the letter "t". This is clearly not a coincidence, what makes me even more sure of this, today when my girlfriend called me on the phone to ask me to get on because she and another friend of ours (EvilIvy) had been working on making a few surprises for me, she told me that texture was online, so i hopped online and after seeing what my girlfriend had done for me, i typed in chat verbatim; "waiting on an apology from texture for stealing from us and killing our horse" immediately afterwards, without warning, i was kicked from the server with the kick message titled; "wrong question bud". I then proceeded to log back on, and just keep to myself, since her reaction definitely proves she knew exactly what i was talking about, and was guilty of it, and was afraid of me knowing her secret. other people in chat were proceeding to call texture a mean person, then i said in chat; "all in favor of saying that EvilIvy is the nicest person ever, say "i" ". a few moments later, texture typed in chat "Rayezrr you are being banned for misleading admins" then proceeded to ban me from the server for a whole 2 hours for not violating a single rule and receiving 0 warnings whatsoever. EvilIvy had said on several occasions that she was going to file a report herself, as well she was a witness to nearly every one of these events, and if this report needs to be verified, you can speak to her or "flameprinxess" (my girlfriend). this extreme reaction from texture proves that she did what she did. I know this because an innocent person in this situation would question the accusation, especially an administrator, would try to help the person who believes what they think happened. Rather than getting so defensive that they eject the person from the server for simply asking for an apology. This is ridiculous, i feel like i need to say once again that the either of us have never ONCE had a single issue with anyone on the server before now, this is blatant abuse of power and abusing players and punishing them for not even violating a single rule of the server. This is an absolute outrage and "texture" should have her administrative access revoked. My experience on this server has been practically ruined, and all my hard work feels useless at this point.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Admin "texture" abusing power.

by Krock » Post

TL;DR, this is painful. Would you please be so nice and separate the text into multiple paragraphs for such long posts?

It's best to report such problems in the according forum thread -> see "Servers". The message will be seen there likelier than here.
If you're (or the server is) having issues with privileges: Check whether the "name" (admin name) and "default_privs"settings are set to the right values in the server configuration.

EDIT: Got enlightened. Updated the post to be more accurate
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Rayezrr
In-game: Rayezrr

by Rayezrr » Post

I posted it in both places, hoping to get as much viewership as possible

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Rayezrr wrote:I posted it in both places, hoping to get as much viewership as possible
It would gain more attention if you take Krocks advice.

I just looked at the jumbled mess, and won't even bother to read it.
Most will not even bother and, even if they do, it will be difficult to understand any of it.

Re-editing it may be very beneficial to you.
A Wonderful World

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I'm not going to bother reading this wall of text. You should insert logical line breaks
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

rubenwardy wrote:I'm not going to bother reading this wall of text. You should insert logical line breaks
Agreed, although i read it anyways lol.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Stix

by Stix » Post

[DELETED]
Last edited by Stix on Mon Jul 16, 2018 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

ChimneySwift
GitHub: ChimneySwift
IRC: ChimneySwift
In-game: ChimneySwift

by ChimneySwift » Post

I personally haven't played on Liberty Land much, but pretty much all of my friends don't like the administration of that server, and from what I've gathered I agree with them.

Some servers just don't have nice/smart admins, and because servers are completely separate to the Minetest Project, there really isn't anything that can be done about it. If I were you I'd leave Liberty Land and find a server with friendly staff and admins.

Hometown*, shivajiva's Skyblocks, Banana Land, Fozland and IFS all have good admins and staff, although obviously there will be more, these are the only ones I know of.

* I'm a moderator on Hometown, but I would say the same even if I wasn't
A spoon is basically a tiny bowl with a stick on it

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

ChimneySwift wrote:Banana Land ... have good admins and staff
That's pretty much a no-rules server.. either they have no staff or their staff have no idea what they are doing :P
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

My eyes ... impossible to read :)

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

sad but,

check read admin with /admin first ...

and what ever others say about there power, never believe them ..

and when happen like this, server allow others not officials to use admin rights ... leave the server ...
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Stix

by Stix » Post

Rayezrr wrote:Hi, me and my irl girlfriend started playing on the "liberty land" server a little more than a month ago. Since then neither of us had received issues from anyone in any way, shape, or form. We are both players that are above the age of 18, and ever since yesterday, we came into contact with an admin known as "texture".

From the start, she was eavesdropping on us by speaking to other irl friends whom we were trying to help get started in the server with us. Together we had made a beautiful homestead, when this "texture" decided to come into our home unannounced, sift through our chests, and proceed to ask me "who's your girlfriend".

After i answered them they then told us that we had to break up irl simply to be allowed to play on the server. We ignored this and just pretended to listen to her, afterwards going on our merry way; when a few moments later she disconnected from the server, and no more than 5 minutes after that an account called "Taa0613" logged on, and teleported to our house (when we did not have a single teleporter node nor did we accept any tp request, meaning this account had administrative privileges).

When me and my girlfriend attempted to tell the individual to leave, they proceeded to sift through our chests, (keep in mind, we had claim blocks covering the place, meaning no regular player would be even able to access them without admin perms) steal several of our belongings, stare into our faces while trying to hit us with the tools they stole, and proceeding to walk over to our stables, kill our only horse, break 2 blocks in the stable, then disconnect from the server.

I know this "Taa0613" account was texture for reasons being: no other player simply knew where we were, no other player besides texture was even interacting with us, no other player was capable of teleporting to our location, and no other admin had been online besides "texture" who was even able to access our chests. Plus the incidents were within 5 minutes of each other, and both names 'just so happened' to begin with the letter "t". Which leads me to believe this is clearly not a coincidence.

What makes me even more sure of this is that today when my girlfriend called me on the phone and asked me to come online (because she and another friend of ours 'EvilIvy' had been working on making a few surprises for me), she told me that texture was online, so i hopped online and after seeing what my girlfriend had done for me, i typed in chat verbatim: "waiting on an apology from texture for stealing from us and killing our horse"; immediately afterwards, and without warning, i was kicked from the server with the reason: "wrong question bud".

I then proceeded to log back on, and just keep to myself, since her reaction proved she knew exactly what i was talking about, was guilty of it, and was afraid of me knowing her secret. Other people in chat also agreed that texture was a mean person, and so later i said in chat; "all in favor of saying that EvilIvy is the nicest person ever, say "i" ".

A few moments later, texture typed to me in chat saying: "Rayezrr you are being banned for misleading admins" and proceeded to ban me from the server for a 2 hours even though i didn't violate a single rule and received 0 warnings whatsoever. On another note EvilIvy had said on several occasions that she was going to file a report herself, as she was a witness to most of the events that trasnpired, and if this report needs to be verified, you can speak to her or "flameprinxess" (my girlfriend).

This extreme reaction from texture proves that she did what i had accused her of. I know this because an innocent person in this situation would question the accusation, and an admin would try to help the person who believes they've been wronged, instead of getting so defensive that they eject the person from the server for simply asking for an apology.

This is ridiculous, i feel like i need to say once again that the neither of us have ever ONCE had a single issue with anyone on the server before now, this is blatant abuse of power and players by punishing them even though they didn't violate a singe rule.

This is an absolute outrage and "texture" should have her administrative access revoked. My experience on this server has been practically ruined, and all my hard work feels useless at this point.
@all hopes this helps

Because i spent over half an hour editing this post...

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

As far as I know, chest content is not protected, you need to use a locked or shared chest, otherwise everybody can take items from it.
Mobs, e.g. horses, are objects. Objects usually are not protected, they can even unexpectedly suddenly disappear for some reason.
To view privileges of a player, you can use the "privs" chatcommand. Usually servers do not prevent hacked clients to fly through walls into your home, the chatcommand can tell you more reliably whether the player is an admin or something similar, but note that big i and small L look the same in names, compare "flameprinxess" with "fIameprinxess".
Admins are allowed to do almost everything they want on their server, they could even override the "msg" chat command to view private messages sent between players. I'm wondering if they can also claim copyright on your buildings.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote: Admins are allowed to do almost everything they want on their server, they could even override the "msg" chat command to view private messages sent between players. I'm wondering if they can also claim copyright on your buildings.
Well, there's the difference between technically can, legally can, and morally can.
A list of my mods can be found here.