Run minetest.exe error ov_info

nrcionline

Run minetest.exe error ov_info

by nrcionline » Post

I've gone through the laborious process of compiling minetest on win10 x64. I finally got all the dlls compiled and in the folder. Minetest starts up and I get:
The procedure entry point ov_info could not be located in the dynamic link library.

Can anyone shed some light on this and advise a fix?

Update and more info:
I used adrido-minetest-msvc-buildbot-7a509fe28a69 to build minetest.exe. I had to manually configure a couple of things (adjusting the windows platform to the latest edition) and for some reason there is code to remove the zconf.h file, so I had to manually rename it back so the compilation could continue. Then at the end, I had to find all the .dlls and manually copy them into the same folder as minetest.exe. Some of the folders are inconsistent (some in bin, some lib, and some src where the actual dlls are stored). I had to rename one of the dlls from libvorbis.dll to libvorbisfile.dll (because it complained that file name was missing).

Yesterday I tried to do all the downloading and configuring myself. It was a mess trying to get it to work for x64 because the cmake files are defaulted to x86 (or so it seemed). I gave up because I was having to hack the make files to get it to even compile.

So, I'm grateful for the buildbot! Yet, it is still missing some steps to work completely. I double click on minetest.exe, and the program never starts, but I get a small dialog box complaining about ov_info. I have no idea what this is.

Please, can someone identify what program needs ov_info and how do I get that for it?

Fix: I didn't realize there were two dlls for libvorbis. After I placed both libvorbis.dll and libvorbisfile.dll, it works!

addi
GitHub: adrido

Re: Run minetest.exe error ov_info

by addi » Post

Yeah libvorbis and libvorbisfile are actually different dll's. I remember the problem with zconf, but apart from that it should do the rest automatically :-/

EDIT: I had some fixes that where not´pushed upstream. With the latest version it should now even work with the zconf
In the Future I hope it will be easier to build minetest, since I'm working on a port of irrlicht to vcpkg, this would allow building Minetest with a 2 line script.
eg. vcpkg install irrlicht zlib sqlite3 curl
cmake . -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=<vcpkgroot>\scripts\buildsystems\vcpkg.cmake --build .

but this will first require the irrlicht port on vcpkg (work in progress) and some changes to minetest's cmake files.

nrcionline

Re: Run minetest.exe error ov_info

by nrcionline » Post

Is there a step to copy the right dlls into the minetest.exe directory? If so, maybe mine didn't work because of the other errors. But if not, that would be super helpful. Thanks for creating this tool and the vcpkg sounds great.