Server can't find certain mods

uwu

Server can't find certain mods

by uwu » Post

I'm trying to add some mods to my server but it can't find it. I get the following message in debug.txt

2019-05-20 00:00:00: ERROR[Main]: The following mods could not be found: "modname"

The mods are in /var/lib/.minetest/mods/ however, are owned by minetest:minetest and have the same permissions as all other mod folders (755).

What could be the problem?

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Server can't find certain mods

by Krock » Post

Does the mod "modname" exist?
Yes: If it contains a `mod.conf` file, it must contain the line "name = modname"
No: Remove the line "load_mod_modname = true" from your `world.mt` file (world directory)

Do you have the same issue with all other mods?
Yes: Check what happens if you move them to ~/.minetest/mods/
No: Rename "modname" (and the line in `mod.conf`, if existent) to something else and adjust `world.mt`

Does the issue still occur?
Yes: More inputs please
No: Well great! :)
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

uwu

Re: Server can't find certain mods

by uwu » Post

The issue was that the mod in question had the wrong folder name (wooden_bucket instead of the correct bucket_wooden). The other one was "Farming Redo", I thought it had a different name and was based on stock farming, but it's in fact meant to conflict with it and replace it by overriding.