question about some of these mods ?????

EnthLojeek

question about some of these mods ?????

by EnthLojeek » Fri Aug 02, 2019 04:55

hello all... as far as i know i believe i'm using the most current version of minetest
i recently downloaded a number of mods that seem to
disable themselves mysteriously as i restart a sub-world
that was created. is there some easy way to fix this ?

listed below are just a few (not the entire number of mods that are doing this)
that seem to be experiencing this condition:
mesecons (errors: name conflicts)
moremesecons (errors: name conflicts)
(actually most if not all of the mesecon mods do not even load correctly or stop
just short of loading the sub-world to display an error(s) as to why it did not load the sub-world)
digiline (errors: no message really,.... on next sub-world restart it just seems to get disabled)
pipeworks (errors: no message really,.... on next sub-world restart it just seems to get disabled)
travelnet (errors: no message really,.... on next sub-world restart it just seems to get disabled)
locks (errors: no message really,.... on next sub-world restart it just seems to get disabled)
..... kinda disappointing. :(

EnthLojeek

Re: question about some of these mods ?????

by EnthLojeek » Fri Aug 02, 2019 05:26

i will let it be known i am using the portable-apps version of minetest. i don't know if that has anything to do with the mods not loading.... correctly or otherwise.

duane

GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Fri Aug 02, 2019 06:19

EnthLojeek wrote:i will let it be known i am using the portable-apps version of minetest. i don't know if that has anything to do with the mods not loading.... correctly or otherwise.

You should probably post the actual log rather than paraphrasing.

Knowing nothing else about the problem, my first recommendation would be to try the mods on the normal, stable version of minetest. If they don't work there, it's definitely a problem with the mod.
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.

rheo

GitHub: fluxionary
IRC: flux fluxflux
In-game: flux rheo

by rheo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 06:33

After talking to the player on our server, my understanding of the issue is this:

They download some mods from the content tab in 5.0, create a world, and enable the mods in that world. Everything works at that point. However, after some time, they launch that world again, but for some reason the mods have been disabled.

I've asked them to post their debug.txt somewhere online, hopefully that will help analyse this.

EnthLojeek

by EnthLojeek » Fri Aug 02, 2019 08:51

ok i deleted the old debug file and now its much smaller and in zip format but does show some info that someone here could troubleshoot it....
Attachments
debug.zip
(6.41 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

twoelk

GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Fri Aug 02, 2019 09:32

mesecons are allready part of the mod-pak dreambuilder
either use one or the other.

portableapps version of mt? I wasn't aware of a recent mt-on-portableapps version.

EnthLojeek

by EnthLojeek » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:45

when you say dreambuilder? are you speaking of dreambuilder hotbar??? or the previous dreambuilder modpack???

& yes...the portable apps version is pretty nice..... though i'm only worried about whether some mods wont work
it because in the portable apps installation process it supposedly writes no values to the registry.

Krock
Developer

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:43

Minetest does not use the registry at all and is by default portable on Windows. Just for your information.

Code: Select all
2019-08-02 04:12:44: ERROR[Main]: mod "areasprotector" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "basic_materials" "areas"
2019-08-02 04:12:44: ERROR[Main]: mod "blox" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "coloredwood" "unifieddyes"
2019-08-02 04:12:44: ERROR[Main]: mod "bobblocks" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "unifieddyes" "mesecons"
2019-08-02 04:12:44: ERROR[Main]: mod "digistuff" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "digilines"
2019-08-02 04:12:44: ERROR[Main]: mod "extra_stairsplus" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "moreblocks"
2019-08-02 04:12:44: ERROR[Main]: mod "homedecor_bathroom" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "unifieddyes" "basic_materials" "homedecor_fences"

Enable the mods "coloredwood", "unifieddyes", "digilines", "moreblocks" and disable "areasprotector" to fix these errors. The errors are self-explanatory.

2019-08-02 04:42:38: WARNING[Main]: Mod name conflict detected: "mesecons"
2019-08-02 04:42:38: WARNING[Main]: Will not load: <snip>\mods\dreambuilder_modpack\mesecons
2019-08-02 04:42:38: WARNING[Main]: Will not load: <snip>\mods\mesecons\mesecons
2019-08-02 04:42:38: WARNING[Main]: Mod name conflict detected: "mesecons_alias"

Either remove dreambuilder_modpack or the mesecons modpack in your mods\ directory

2019-08-02 04:43:08: ERROR[Server]: LuaEntity name "aliveai_threats:eyes" not defined
2019-08-02 04:43:53: ERROR[Server]: Item "sailing:palm_leaf" not defined at position (-19,15,-14)

Old leftover stuff from previously enabled mods. Re-enable the mod or remove this item to fix it.

2019-08-02 04:44:09: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from <snip>\mods\bows\textures\init.lua:
2019-08-02 04:44:09: ERROR[Main]: <snip>\mods\bows\textures\init.lua: No such file or directory

Invalid bows mod installation. Remove the "bows" directory and re-download.

2019-08-02 04:44:09: ERROR[Main]: Invalid setting type "noise_params" in <snip>\mods\valleys_mapgen\settingtypes.txt "vmg_noise_1 (#1: Base ground height) noise_params -10, 50, (1024,1024,1024), 5202, 6, 0.4, 2"

Outdated valleys_mapgen (> 10 months). Get the newest version from https://github.com/Gael-de-Sailly/valleys_mapgen
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

twoelk

GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Fri Aug 02, 2019 15:19

he is not talking about portable apps as such (note the gap) but about a launcher software with builtin and moderated download catalogue and updating check. And yes it uses the stupid name "PortableApps" which makes people confuse it with any random selection of apps that happen to be portable.

There have been Minetest versions for PortableApps but they have to jump through several hoops to get it working as minetest has several paths hardcoded that would need to be adjusted. Would be nice if Minetest was included in the official PortableApps repository - some day

EnthLojeek

i think i figured the problem out finally... yay me!!

by EnthLojeek » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:01

i suddenly discovered i had duplicates of the dreambuilders modpack in my mod folder.
basically just about all the ones that were giving me the trouble. big thanks to those
who helped me so far ..... i owe you folks one.

Return to Problems