Problem packaging game for Browse Online Content install

JavaFXpert
GitHub: JavaFXpert

Problem packaging game for Browse Online Content install

by JavaFXpert » Post

I'm creating a game (QiskitBlocks) that runs in Minetest successfully, and I've uploaded it to content.minetest.net https://content.minetest.net/packages/J ... kitblocks/

However, when trying to install via the Content tab and clicking Browse Online Content, I receive the error in the attached screenshot. I'm digging into this, but wondered if there is anything obvious to look for.
Content Error when installing via Browse Online Content
Content Error when installing via Browse Online Content
2019-08-19.png (555.83 KiB) Viewed 218 times
Attempting to install QiskitBlocks via Browse Online
Attempting to install QiskitBlocks via Browse Online
2019-08-19 (1).png (686.17 KiB) Viewed 218 times

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: Problem packaging game for Browse Online Content install

by rubenwardy » Post

JavaFXpert wrote:I'm creating a game (QiskitBlocks) that runs in Minetest successfully, and I've uploaded it to content.minetest.net https://content.minetest.net/packages/J ... kitblocks/

However, when trying to install via the Content tab and clicking Browse Online Content, I receive the error in the attached screenshot. I'm digging into this, but wondered if there is anything obvious to look for.
2019-08-19.png
2019-08-19 (1).png
Your repository is badly formatted. You need to have the game in the base of the repository, ie: the mods folder needs to be there immediately. To package a world, you'll need to use schematics and a mod to place them
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

JavaFXpert
GitHub: JavaFXpert

Re: Problem packaging game for Browse Online Content install

by JavaFXpert » Post

Clarifying questions:

- If I've generated a world, let's say a flat one, and build lots of structures and detail in it, would a good approach be to create a schematic for contiguous sections that contain the structures that I've created?

- There are well defined areas that contain structures, but paths and tunnels between them. How best to handle this?

What mods do you recommend for generating schematics? I'm beginning to play around with Schematic Editor 1.1.0.