User Problems After Downloading Minetest 5.0.1

FASTPACEDMAN2000
In-game: HammyCaptain14

User Problems After Downloading Minetest 5.0.1

by FASTPACEDMAN2000 » Post

I recently installed Minetest 5.0.1 and now the user I normally use isn't recognized as the world admin. I checked the name and pass and everything matched, I could go into my locked chests in the world, and also my doors, I just couldn't open other users doors, and the node detectors previously set up in the world would not recognize me as my user. Is there something I have to enable in the options to make myself admin? Super weird never had this problem before when updating to a new version. Any ideas what might be the cause?
When tempted to fight with fire, remember the fire department usually uses water.

micheal65536

Re: User Problems After Downloading Minetest 5.0.1

by micheal65536 » Post

In Minetest 0.4.x, the server admin was always given all privileges regardless of their actual privilege list. In Minetest 5.0.0 and later, the server admin does not always have all privileges and instead their actual privilege list is used (which, by default, is the same as that of a regular player). However, the server admin can always use the "/grant" and "/grantme" commands to gain additional privileges and I believe they can also run other privileged commands without needing the respective privileges (but as far as things like locked doors go it's as if you don't have the relevant privileges).

FASTPACEDMAN2000
In-game: HammyCaptain14

by FASTPACEDMAN2000 » Post

Thanks for the reply. I was not aware of this.
When tempted to fight with fire, remember the fire department usually uses water.

maiary
In-game: maiary

by maiary » Post

Здравствуйте, играла год назад на LS-Wonderand у меня там строительство и друзья и все такое ..Сейчас перешла на 5.0.0 , включается только режим одиночная игра, ни построек , ни моего дома , ни чата, ничего... Что можно сделать? Спасибо

Kimapr
GitHub: Kimapr
IRC: Kimapr
In-game: Kimapr

by Kimapr » Post

maiary wrote:Здравствуйте, играла год назад на LS-Wonderand у меня там строительство и друзья и все такое ..Сейчас перешла на 5.0.0 , включается только режим одиночная игра, ни построек , ни моего дома , ни чата, ничего... Что можно сделать? Спасибо
If the server doesn't upgrade to Minetest 5, you can still use previous versions of Minetest. And how exactly multiplayer doesn't work?
Ek59C88tAsaQuRAw6PCPsGFDozj1FuZ4