Can't craft a bed

melid

Can't craft a bed

by melid » Post

Hello!
I'm new in the Minetest world.
I'm playing without mods just to familiarize myself in survival mode.
I could craft anything I wanted from iron bucket to a boat. Anything I wanted really when I had the items needed.

BUT I can't craft a bed. I tried white wool-white wool-white wool/wood-wood-wood. Didn't work.
I tried red wool-red wool-white wool/wood-wood-wood. I also tried the fancy bed. Didn't work.

Do I need a mods to craft a bed?
I already installed some of them but I had a lot of errors messages one day so I began anew without them.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Pyrollo
Developer
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

Re: Can't craft a bed

by Pyrollo » Post

I dont remember recipe for beds but you could install a craft guide mod and have a look at all recipes.
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]

melid

by melid » Post

I looked in the wiki for the recipe.
Are they more accurate in the craft guide mod?
Thanks Pyrollo!

Pyrollo
Developer
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

by Pyrollo » Post

No, wiki could be outdated (relies on what someone has typed in some day).
Craft guide is an ingame mod, that queries minetest for recipes. So recipes are actual working recipes.
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

You're probably just using an ancient version of Minetest Game. Wiki is correct for v5.0.1.

In ancient versions, 1 of the 3 wools was red instead of white (but I don't remember which one). Or was it two? Idk. Maybe the recipe is mirrored.

Note that installing a crafting guide is mandatory, otherwise MTG is mostly unplayable. Guessing the recipes is almost impossible. The crafting guide is always right. The wiki … not neccessarily. (Almost) everything is written by hand in the wiki. The core devs of MTG don't care about their game enough to write documentation for their own game, the wiki is mostly player-written.

https://wiki.minetest.net/Crafting_guide

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Wuzzy wrote: The core devs of MTG don't care about their game enough to write documentation for their own game, the wiki is mostly player-written.
Way to add this in, when addressing a new user. Is the intention to just turn people away from the project? Because that's what it seems like at this point.
You could have easily answered this new users question without adding that sentence.
A Wonderful World

Red_King_Cyclops

by Red_King_Cyclops » Post

To make a bed of any kind, you have to use only red wool; no other colours can be used.
Currently working on new mods.

archfan7411
GitHub: archfan7411
In-game: archfan

by archfan7411 » Post

Red_King_Cyclops wrote:To make a bed of any kind, you have to use only red wool; no other colours can be used.
Small correction: According to the latest MTG source (https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... s/beds.lua) both normal beds and fancy beds are crafted with white wool.