Problem with copying and pasting text

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

Problem with copying and pasting text

by parasite » Post

Hello!
I have noticed that I lost the ability to copy and paste text between the game and external app (for example from web browser to the chat in game, or from sign or book formspec to the notepad app). By "copy and paste" I mean selecting the given text and using keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. And yes, I am talking about MS Windows OS. Minetest version: 5.1.1-win64. Is it a bug or an intentional feature? Or maybe it is not minetest related?
Last edited by parasite on Sun Feb 09, 2020 18:31, edited 3 times in total.

Walker
In-game: Walker

Re: Problem with copying and pasting text

by Walker » Post

for my: sometimes Ctrl+Shift+C/V works ... or was it Ctrl+Alt+C/V ?

try both ^^

parasite

by parasite » Post

Walker wrote:for my: sometimes Ctrl+Shift+C/V works ... or was it Ctrl+Alt+C/V ?
Thanks Walker for your interest, but this is not the case with setting different keyboard shortcut for copy & paste.

zing269

by zing269 » Post

It works for me so I'd say not minetest related.

parasite

by parasite » Post

I did some tests. I started the minetest in singleplayer mode, placed the sign item in the world, wrote some text in its formspec and copied that text with Ctr+C to the notepad app. This procedure gave the expected result in previus minetest versions, i.e. there were no problems with copying the text from the minetest to an external application in all of these: 5.0.0, 5.0.1, 5.1.0. Moreover, I tested the 5.2.0-dev version (#114362407 or b14aa1c at gitlab pipelines) and this dev version also worked fine. However, the current version, 5.1.1 - downloaded through the minetest main website, has consistently refused to do any such copy and paste.

Does anyone also have or had such bizarre issue?

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Yep, I have had this problem since ... years ago.

zing269

by zing269 » Post

I have no problems copying and pasting text in either direction with 5.1.1 from minetest.net on xp64, on win 7 it looses the crlf and the text all runs together. I've not test on win 10.