Basic Robot Mod

whtemple1959

Basic Robot Mod

by whtemple1959 » Post

Hello,
I am having trouble understanding the scripting for the basic robot mod. I am using Hanno Behrens' farmer_01 script it is here ... https://pastebin.com/iH4GdHaq
I have the following difficulties and have been unable to decipher a solution on my own.
1- the robot places seeds on water
2- I tried to use a node detector to automatically start the robot when the crop is ripe. Unfortunately as soon as the robot harvests the trigger node the detector deactivates and the robot stops. I believe I need some sort of lua controller script between the node detector and the robot spawn node but, again i have no idea how to resolve this issue.
3- as long as my field is in an east/west orientation the robot works fine. but if the field is in a north/south orientation the robot will follow an east to west path. This happens regardless of how or where I place the spawn node. This is very confusing and I have no idea where to begin to find a solution for this.
So, if there is any one who has experienced similar issues and has discovered solutions I would greatly appreciate you advice and guidance
Thank you
Bill

UPDATE: From multi-tasking( which I suck at), watching the movement of the robot while glancing at the code I managed to decipher the command which gives the robot its direction of movement. Yea .. I fixed problem #3.