Starting new game, falls to the death

JCB

Starting new game, falls to the death

by JCB » Post

Hello Everyone,

For a while now, when a new game is created, then hosted, all that enter will fall to their death, and a message of falling to the void, is shown as a death message. When playing an older create game, there is no issue.

I would assume that there is a setting that is not happy, but I am failing on google and searching in the settings for the game for what may be the issue.

The game is on 5.2, and the issue was also present when on 5.1

I have tried with a new minetest game with no mods enabled, as well as with mineclone 2, and get same results on newly created games, only a quiet fall to my death.

Thoughts of what to look for would be appreciated.
Regards

JC

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

Re: Starting new game, falls to the death

by sfan5 » Post

Did you accidentally enable the singlenode map generator in the world creation menu?
If that is the case you can switch it back to v7 and worlds will be normal again.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

JCB

by JCB » Post

Thank you for that, I will give that a try.

Regards,

JC

Crystalwarrior
GitHub: Crystalwarrior
In-game: Crystalwarrior

by Crystalwarrior » Post

sfan5 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 09:17
Did you accidentally enable the singlenode map generator in the world creation menu?
If that is the case you can switch it back to v7 and worlds will be normal again.
Perhaps each generation algorithm could provide some sort of description? As a tooltip or a description box next to the worldgen algorithm. Woulda helped me when I had the same issue lol

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

JCB, it is also possible that a game (not MTGame) or mod you used set 'singlenode' as the mapgen to be used for new worlds. This is a game or mod error.

A brief description of each mapgen in the mapgen selection menu is intended, delayed due to lack of time and priorities =)