I can't make permanent fire, the coal block is consumed

uwu666

I can't make permanent fire, the coal block is consumed

by uwu666 » Post

the coal block is consumed after a time of having ignited the flame and disappears

I installed some mods lately and I thought that one of the mods was causing the problem, so I played an old game where the permanent fire worked, I broke the coal block that was there and placed a new one and it didn't work again, so it wasn't the new mods that caused the problem

in the fire configuration of minetest game I have it enabled

When I point to the flame with the cursor it displays "fire:permanent_flame" when "f5" is enabled
It doesn't occur to me what could be causing this problem

UPDATE: apparently the error is caused by the df_trees mod of Dwarf Fortress style caverns [dfcaverns], this apparently replaces the default:coalblock by df_trees:coalblock and no longer serves to make permanent flame, even so I do not know how to make permanent flame with this mod enabled
Last edited by uwu666 on Fri May 22, 2020 21:34, edited 2 times in total.
cdb_71b6f99a808c

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

Re: I can't make permanent fire, the coal block is consumed

by paramat » Post

Can you reproduce the bug in MTGame with no optional mods added?
After what time period is the coal block consumed?

uwu666

by uwu666 » Post

I just tried it in a game without mods and it worked fine, it seems some mod is causing the problem, well, I'll have to try every mod
cdb_71b6f99a808c

uwu666

by uwu666 » Post

apparently the error is caused by the df_trees mod of Dwarf Fortress style caverns [dfcaverns], this apparently replaces the default:coalblock by df_trees:coalblock and no longer serves to make permanent flame, even so I do not know how to make permanent flame with this mod enabled
cdb_71b6f99a808c

acidzebra

by acidzebra » Post

just modify the code; all you need is a text editor. The code in dftrees is in torchspine.lua lines 260-268; you can comment out this section entirely if you like. It might have an effect on the rest of dfcaverns, I have not looked into it deeply.