[SOLVED] Nothing works anymore

Steamed_Punk
GitHub: steamed-punk

[SOLVED] Nothing works anymore

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Except textures which i can download and load, i can't get any mod to work.

I created a new map/game with mobs_redo, and mob_animals, farming etc and can't see a single cow or any other animal anywhere.
I get no errors or warnings but still have the feeling i am walking around a basic empty game.

As you can see from another post (yesterday) i received an error just trying to get a bed to register.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=25370

Is the game broken? can i get the release i was using a year ago where stuff just worked?
Last edited by Steamed_Punk on Fri Sep 18, 2020 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
The sky is not the limit - It's my playground

Steamed_Punk

Re: Nothing works anymore

by Steamed_Punk » Post

GayJesus wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 17:33
Try creative mode. You should see the animal mobs eggs, farming items in inventory if they loaded properly. If not you probably placed the mods in the wrong folder or didn't rename the mod folder properly.
Try to replace - with _ ie Native-American-Village to Native_American_Village
Thanks for the reply but creative didn't help, still no mobs, which were downloaded and installed through the MineTest Gui, so they are in the right place.
As for my own mod, unless naming things globally has changed, i can't see how changing the name will get it to work. It worked before as is. It is also in the same place as the mobs etc.

Thanks anyway ;) most kind

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Back on this, sorry i miss read what you said.
In creative i can spawn the animals, cows, kittens, rabbits etc

But can only see butterflies out of creative.
Steamed_Punk wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 17:58
GayJesus wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 17:33
Try creative mode. You should see the animal mobs eggs, farming items in inventory if they loaded properly. If not you probably placed the mods in the wrong folder or didn't rename the mod folder properly.
Try to replace - with _ ie Native-American-Village to Native_American_Village
Thanks for the reply but creative didn't help, still no mobs, which were downloaded and installed through the MineTest Gui, so they are in the right place.
As for my own mod, unless naming things globally has changed, i can't see how changing the name will get it to work. It worked before as is. It is also in the same place as the mobs etc.

Thanks anyway ;) most kind

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Have you enabled the mobs in the configure menu? Please may you post the last 40 lines of debug.txt when loading the world after enabling the mobs. Also, note that you need more than just mobs, you need mobs_animal and mobs_monster for different types of mobs
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Steamed_Punk

[SOLVED]: Nothing works anymore

by Steamed_Punk » Post

[SOLVED]
rubenwardy wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:07
Have you enabled the mobs in the configure menu? Please may you post the last 40 lines of debug.txt when loading the world after enabling the mobs. Also, note that you need more than just mobs, you need mobs_animal and mobs_monster for different types of mobs
When i first installed MT and to make sure i placed my texture pack in the correct place i quickly downloaded (through MT) a texture pack to see where it placed it. From there i could just place my folder in the same place. Done and delt with. I had a quick look at my texture pack, cool it works and looks great :D although i am guessing i have to catch up there. Looks like some new stuff in there, cotton (with a seed BUG) for example.

Out of curiosity i had a look at the other texture pack i had downloaded. It's called 'Soothing32', I am not trying to knock this here but, I thought what if.....so i went pack to the default Texture pack, walked around for 1 minute and found a sheep. I then quit and reloaded with my texture pack, the sheep is still there. I then quit and reloaded with the 'Soothing32' pack and the sheep was gone. I have been trying to solve this problem with this pack enabled for a couple of days or so. Could a texture pack be a problem in this way? It seems like it.

Just in case there isn't 40 lines but here is the last entry on the debug.txt

-------------
Separator
-------------

2020-09-18 19:28:08: [Main]: Automatically selecting world at [/home/ME/.minetest/worlds/mobtest]
2020-09-18 19:28:49: ACTION[Main]: [MOD] Mobs Redo loaded
2020-09-18 19:28:50: ACTION[Main]: World at [/home/ME/.minetest/worlds/mobtest]
2020-09-18 19:28:50: ACTION[Main]: Server for gameid="minetest" listening on 0.0.0.0:56276.
2020-09-18 19:28:54: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer [127.0.0.1] joins game. List of players: singleplayer
2020-09-18 19:29:06: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

I am using Mobs_Redo and Animals by TenPlus1