Enforcing bones sharing

zeuner
GitHub: zeuner

Enforcing bones sharing

by zeuner » Post

I usually set the "share_bones_time" configuration variable very high because I want casual players also to be able to keep their stuff. However, I noticed an issue with that:

With mods being enabled that provide blocks that can only be dug by the owner (currently, this would even be the default mod with chests), it is possible for other players to completely surround the fresh bones with their own blocks, making it impossible for the bones owner to get their stuff back. Now they only have to wait until the bones get old, making it possible to loot.

I'm looking for ideas to change the gameplay in a manner as unobtrusive as possible, in order to make this kind of (in my opinion abusive) behaviour harder or impossible. Maybe it should be possible to at least move blocks owned by other players under certain conditions. Any ideas are welcome.

jas
IRC: Freenode

Re: Enforcing bones sharing

by jas » Post

Personally I use a backpack that saves the lower 8*3 inventory if there's room and it's in its "save slot" on die. It's not a great solution, but it's one angle.

https://github.com/jamesalexandersteven ... t.lua#L294