Noob Questions - e.g. punching trees

Andromenus

Noob Questions - e.g. punching trees

by Andromenus » Post

helo, I downloaded very new version of "minetest" and mod "mine clone 2". I watched also some tutorials in youtube, also about mine clone. But couldn't find help there. On the contrary: a player could punch trees with a stick, but I can not repeat it, I can't punch e tree with stick, I can't punch Tree with my fist. I even can not collect a pumpkin - but in youtube he could do that. I can only collect sticks, flowers, kill some animals. I can als not collect Earth/Sand/Stone/Coal. I have only my fist and useless items and I die i the first night. It looks to be a nice game, but for me its totaly weird. Sorry.

Elektrika
In-game: elektrika

Re: Noob Questions - e.g. punching trees

by Elektrika » Post

Are you using the lumberjack mod? If so, disable it.
eh

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Does it work if you select another item in your hotbar, like an empty slot? Perhaps that works.
According to the README it should be possible to dig trees with bare hands: https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClo ... /README.md
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Andromenus

by Andromenus » Post

got its, thnx ... but how I get fire in the oven? serious question ;) Hav killed some animals and have an oven. I have coals too ....

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

Andromenus wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 19:15
got its, thnx ... but how I get fire in the oven? serious question ;) Hav killed some animals and have an oven. I have coals too ....
looks as if you have not played Minecraft either
welcome to the club.

Smelting basics
Craft furnace
Furnace allows you to obtain more items by smelting them
Upper slot must contain a cookable or smeltable item (example: iron ore or raw rabbit)
Lower slot must contain a fuel item (example: coal)
See tooltips in the crafting guide to learn about fuels and smeltable items
https://wiki.minetest.net/Games/MineClone_2
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

goats

by goats » Post

The in-game inventory screen has a ? button which leads to extensive help.

P.S. Mineclone 2 is not a mod, so it belongs in the /games folder, not /mods folder, in the case you have set this up manually. Also note that Minetest Game is not the same as the Minetest engine, and different from Mineclone 2 and other games. This may help you avoid some confusion in the future if you run into a problem again. Otherwise, enjoy your gaming. :)