Server Configurations

Thorgrimsson

Server Configurations

by Thorgrimsson » Post

Hey there,

I'm running a private server for a few friends of mine. Running System is Arch Linux. I have one gerneral Problem:
I cant really find the minetest.conf that the game is really using. How can i lookup the file minetest is using?

second:
i would like to grant the players the run privileg. in wiki is something about an auth.txt but i think this is out of date.
in my world files is an auth.sqlite. Is it save to edit this file? And how could i do it?

greatings
thorgrimsson

Bastrabun

Re: Server Configurations

by Bastrabun » Post

You can grant anyone any priv even in their absence. If you wanted to grant me the fast privilege, you'd send this chatcommand:

Code: Select all

/grant Bastrabun fast
No need to edit those files.

Regarding the minetest.conf: Don't know where arch places those, sry. Usually it's in the MT folder, I place mine in the world folder and explixitly hand it to the server with the --config parameter
Whatever I say is CC0

Thorgrimsson

by Thorgrimsson » Post

Thank you so far.
i found one minetest.conf in the minetestgame of usr/share/minetest but its empty. i cpoied the minetest.conf.example to my .minetest folder and added the default_privs and movement_speed values. I got the privs and some more fore my new admin player. i used it to grant my other player fast. but there are not faster even if i set the value to 20 or even 200.

Thorgrimsson

by Thorgrimsson » Post

But there was no minetest.conf

Thorgrimsson

by Thorgrimsson » Post

So i just reinstalled and there wasnt even the .minetest folder till i start a server. but the server hast the setting for an static spawnpoint.