Invalid Block Data in Database?

FrederickCaleb

Invalid Block Data in Database?

by FrederickCaleb » Post

Invalid data in mapblock (-1931,-3,1933)
It says I can ignore world errors with true, but that didn't do anything.

I've searched around on a different website and it seems to be a bug whenever you build or spawn at the edge of the map
I couldn't make heads or tails of any solution as it was all in computer-lingo I don't understand.

Bastrabun

Re: Invalid Block Data in Database?

by Bastrabun » Post

Can you post us the computer lingo, so we can try to translate?
Whatever I say is CC0

talamh

Re: Invalid Block Data in Database?

by talamh » Post

FrederickCaleb wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 08:55
Invalid data in mapblock (-1931,-3,1933)
It says I can ignore world errors with true, but that didn't do anything.

I've searched around on a different website and it seems to be a bug whenever you build or spawn at the edge of the map
I couldn't make heads or tails of any solution as it was all in computer-lingo I don't understand.
You have an invalid mapblock at -1931, -3, 1933 (you already knew this) which is position 32430344309

The easiest solution is to just remove that mapblock from your database. If your map is stored as an sqlite database (the minetest default) then download DB Browser for SQLite from here https://sqlitebrowser.org/ use it to open your map.sqlite file and delete record 32430344309

The map should now work fine, that mapblock will be regenerated by mapgen the next time someone visits that area.

If you want to then before you delete the record 32430344309 select its data and export as a binary file and PM the bin file - I'd be interested in looking at it to see what the underlying issue was.