Server mode - enable_damage

Guy
GitHub: CodePhase

Server mode - enable_damage

by Guy » Post

Hello,

I have just upgraded my minetest server to version 5.3.0. According to the documentation in the wiki for the server config file https://wiki.minetest.net/Minetest.conf, the parameter 'enable_damage' now only applies to the local server, i.e. single user mode. In previous versions of minetestserver I could use that 'enable_damage = false' setting in the world.mt file to disable player damage from all sources. Now it seems that setting no longer has an effect because after this upgrade players die in lava, when falling, and when attacked by mobs even when that setting is configured.

I would like to disable damage for players. How can I do this in the current version of minetest? Thank you!

FrostRanger
GitHub: WulftheNordicRanger
IRC: FrostRanger FrostRanger[m]
In-game: FrostRanger FrostStar
Location: In the untamed wilderness of wherever I happen to be dimension hopping this time...

Re: Server mode - enable_damage

by FrostRanger » Post

Where do you see that at? Nowhere does it say that you cannot disable damage in 5.3. I also just tested the toggle on fever - which is running 5.4 and it works as expected. Did you uncomment the line the setting was on?
Sole ranger and ruler of the frozen realms of Cabin Fever and seeker of the ever elusive Dungeon Master...

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

they're changing the rules. hardcore gamers only. sorry

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

It might be that you're running and old version of 3d_armor, which is broken. You need to upgrade.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)