Mods Disable After Saving

Astraporta
In-game: Astraporta

Mods Disable After Saving

by Astraporta » Post

I have a survival world that usually has a few mob mods and a couple farming mods enabled. It was running fine, but I shut it down so that I could enable Unified Inventory(for the crafting guide). When I started the world up again, the crops and animals were all Unknown nodes. I soon figured out that when I go into my mod list and reenable the mods and hit save, they disable when the list closes. I can't get them to enable on any other maps, but I can enable most other mods(some mods that I didn't have on my survival world at all are also not working.). I've tried restarting the engine, and that's basically all I know how to do, but it didn't work. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

Re: Mods Disable After Saving

by debiankaios » Post

I have the same problem with basic_material, but it give a soulution, go into you world.mt ~/worlds/world.mt "~" means your path to minetest, and enable there the mods. load_mod_unified_inventory = true and the rest which not load, i hpe this bug will fixed!

Astraporta

by Astraporta » Post

Unfortunately I don't have any software on my computer or available for download that allows me to view world.mt. Any suggestions for where to find something for that?

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

This problem usually happens when you have the same mod installed multiple times in different modpacks. So, the easiest thing to do is to go through your mods in the file system and make sure there's no duplicates
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Astraporta

by Astraporta » Post

Ah, I found one of the culprits. Mod Flora was keeping Farming from working. Thanks! Now to find what's overpowering my poor mob mods. Thank you.

Astraporta

by Astraporta » Post

Okay, I've got my mods mostly functioning, but now when I open the world, none of the animals from the mobs mod are working. It says they aren't defined, despite all of the dependencies being enabled.

goats

by goats » Post

Astraporta wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 16:01
Unfortunately I don't have any software on my computer or available for download that allows me to view world.mt. Any suggestions for where to find something for that?
It's a plain text file. Open it with whatever text editor you have. You might find some lines with
load_mod_whatever = false affecting your animals. (mobs_animal?)

Or, just delete world.mt, start Minetest and load the affected world once, close the game, and then re-enable whichever mods you want from the menu, and start your world again. If you still have a problem, you are missing the mod or mods.

Astraporta

by Astraporta » Post

goats wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 18:29
Astraporta wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 16:01
It's a plain text file. Open it with whatever text editor you have. You might find some lines with
load_mod_whatever = false affecting your animals. (mobs_animal?)

Or, just delete world.mt, start Minetest and load the affected world once, close the game, and then re-enable whichever mods you want from the menu, and start your world again. If you still have a problem, you are missing the mod or mods.
I have several different applications for editing text, but my computer will not allow me to use any of them because it is an "MT file".

I will try the deletion, but just to be clear, it won't delete anything important in the world, will it?