Block to coordinates in the minetest world

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

Block to coordinates in the minetest world

by SFENCE » Post

My Minetest server starts to generate these warnings.

Code: Select all

2021-03-14 21:43:08: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id = 0 statically but block (-5,1,12) already contains 64 objects.
2021-03-14 21:44:16: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id = 0 statically but block (4,0,5) already contains 64 objects.
2021-03-14 21:44:16: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id = 0 statically but block (-4,1,12) already contains 64 objects.
2021-03-14 21:44:18: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id = 0 statically but block (17,1,4) already contains 64 objects.
2021-03-14 21:44:26: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id = 0 statically but block (19,1,4) already contains 64 objects.
2021-03-14 21:45:00: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id = 0 statically but block (5,1,4) already contains 64 objects.
2021-03-14 21:45:04: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id = 0 statically but block (-5,1,12) already contains 64 objects.
2021-03-14 21:45:34: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id = 0 statically but block (4,0,4) already contains 64 objects.
I there some way, how to recalculate block positions to Minetest worlds coordinates? I tried to google it, but without success. I only found that block is probably mapblock with size 16x16x16 nodes.
I want to see where is it happening to find the reason.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: Block to coordinates in the minetest world

by Desour » Post

he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

SFENCE wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 20:53
The Reason is a low setting in minetest.conf about "Items" set to 64

The Problem is most a "automatic" transport or storing, that is full or blocked and this free / traveling Items stuck in this MapBlock.

for example
* pipeworks with full chest / machine and no emergency route and store ...
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Thanks.
Festus1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 07:37
SFENCE wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 20:53
The Reason is a low setting in minetest.conf about "Items" set to 64

The Problem is most a "automatic" transport or storing, that is full or blocked and this free / traveling Items stuck in this MapBlock.

for example
* pipeworks with full chest / machine and no emergency route and store ...
Yeah. I fond that pipeworks can cause a problem like this:

2016-11-11 10:49:24: ERROR[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id=6872 statically but block (-1,-3,-2) already contains 49 objects. Forcing delete.
Because of it, I tried to power off the first tube machine on the server by removing the blinking flower. But that has no effect.

Sometimes there is some warning like this:

2021-03-14 21:30:58: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id = 0 statically but block (18,1,4) already contains 64 objects.
2021-03-14 21:31:10: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnvironment::deactivateFarObjects(): id=64872 m_static_exists=true but static data doesn't actually exist in (3,-5,12)
2021-03-14 21:31:10: WARNING[Server]: StaticObjectList::remove(): id=64872 not found
2021-03-14 21:31:10: WARNING[Server]: ServerEnv: Trying to store id = 0 statically but block (3,-6,12) already contains 64 objects.
So, it looks like items limit is not the main reason why is this happening.
By recalculating block to coordinates, I can see, that the problem is happening in the locations without tubes too.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

It is nearly easy to overview just one MapBlock 16*16*16 and check out what it contains.

Something contains an automatic that stuck to fill or escape this items from a location.
The command "/clearobjects" can solve this, but also deletes animals, mobs and temporary also items in frames (they come back).

At the end you have to find it, as even with a higher setting, 128. 256, ... that problem will occur earlier or later again.
At pipes or before chests there need to be an emergency exit into other chest or an trashcan. Mean all automatics from different mods that "transport / store" Items ... and are full or blocked ... no other exit.

You have to teach your gamer also as to be aware of this problem - to avoid it again and again.

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:02
It is nearly easy to overview just one MapBlock 16*16*16 and check out what it contains.

Something contains an automatic that stuck to fill or escape this items from a location.
The command "/clearobjects" can solve this, but also deletes animals, mobs and temporary also items in frames (they come back).

At the end you have to find it, as even with a higher setting, 128. 256, ... that problem will occur earlier or later again.
At pipes or before chests there need to be an emergency exit into other chest or an trashcan. Mean all automatics from different mods that "transport / store" Items ... and are full or blocked ... no other exit.

You have to teach your gamer also as to be aware of this problem - to avoid it again and again.
How should an emergency exit look?

As you mentioned, a change of items configuration doesn't help.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

SFENCE wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 07:37
Most normal is a pipe or else to a collector as chest or machine, auto crafting ...
(as I don't know what mods you have installed ... and you should be able to tell already what is build in that areas making this problem)

So I have there to options:
* from the source where Items come, but the node before the destination I set a selection-tube / intersection, where back is closed / oneway, and when the destination is full ... items go the other freee way (up), and back to the source ...
* or if the source is also full, build another chest nearby to take, maybe more in a row ...
* or even an trashcan at the end, items gone, problem solved

When the builder isn't aware his failure making construction ... he loos, and can make it better next login.

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 13:19
SFENCE wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 07:37
Most normal is a pipe or else to a collector as chest or machine, auto crafting ...
(as I don't know what mods you have installed ... and you should be able to tell already what is build in that areas making this problem)

So I have there to options:
* from the source where Items come, but the node before the destination I set a selection-tube / intersection, where back is closed / oneway, and when the destination is full ... items go the other freee way (up), and back to the source ...
* or if the source is also full, build another chest nearby to take, maybe more in a row ...
* or even an trashcan at the end, items gone, problem solved

When the builder isn't aware his failure making construction ... he loos, and can make it better next login.
I am lost. I have checked the crafting tube machine, there is no problem with full chests or auto crafters.
I have check some problematic areas and I find only nothing. Only unallocated stones and some lava.

Do you know, If there is a way how to identify the entity type, which causes the problem?
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

What Server ?
I could maybe come if 5.x plus
Then I need fast / noclip / fly also no interact i guess and will find it.

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 01:18
What Server ?
I could maybe come if 5.x plus
Then I need fast / noclip / fly also no interact i guess and will find it.
Thanks for your offer.
It is my private server, I want to do a copy and make access for you, but now it looks like the problem disappears.

The problem was probably caused by etc ten stacks of items stuck between teleporting tubes. The second variant is that update of pipeworks help.

So thanks for your support.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

I there some way, how to recalculate block positions to Minetest worlds coordinates? I tried to google it, but without success. I only found that block is probably mapblock with size 16x16x16 nodes.
I actually have a mod that provides a bunch of mapblock utilities, including a chat command for teleporting to a specific mapblock with boundaries shown. I can try to publish it on GitHub either today or tomorrow as it can greatly help with troubleshooting.

Btw, if you're using SQLite3 for your map database backend, then you might find my RocketLib Toolkit to be helpful. With some basic Lua knowledge, you can write just about any analytical tools imaginable. In fact, by just adapting the sample script provided in the README.txt, it would be easy to locate mapblocks with excessive numbers of objects:

https://bitbucket.org/sorcerykid/rocket ... README.txt

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

I published the Admin Toolbox mod on Bitbucket, but apparently I forgot to followup with a link here.

https://bitbucket.org/sorcerykid/toolbox/src/master/

The /block X,Y,Z chat command should prove useful for your needs. Hope this helps!