Loud noise in game

hs_byk

Loud noise in game

by hs_byk » Post

Hi
For some reason which I don't know the map have very loud noise from an unknown source,
the noise is everywhere on the map with the same volume and I'm unable to find what is making this noise,
this map is for a school project and we are trying to compete, but we are afraid that this noise will put us at the bottom of the list,
the server is controlled by the school and it has a lot of modes, and we are fairly new to this awesome game.

This is youtube video showing the noise ,
***NOTE: VERY LOUDE***
https://youtu.be/pa9UIcGGk6Q

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Bastrabun

Re: Loud noise in game

by Bastrabun » Post

That sounds like a mod triggering a sound way too often, then overtaking itself.

You can go through your mod list and disable half of them, see if the sound still happens. If yes, then disable half of the remaining and go on until you found, which one makes the sound.

You can search through all the sound files of your mod list and listen if one of them sounds similar. Then look through your codebase which mod uses this sound.

Did you program a mod yourself? Can you post us a list of mods you are using? (you can find the list of mods with the /mods command)
Whatever I say is CC0

hs_byk

by hs_byk » Post

Bastrabun wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 09:27
That sounds like a mod triggering a sound way too often, then overtaking itself.

You can go through your mod list and disable half of them, see if the sound still happens. If yes, then disable half of the remaining and go on until you found, which one makes the sound.

You can search through all the sound files of your mod list and listen if one of them sounds similar. Then look through your codebase which mod uses this sound.

Did you program a mod yourself? Can you post us a list of mods you are using? (you can find the list of mods with the /mods command)
Unfortunately i have zero control on the server and i don't know which mods are used

Bastrabun

by Bastrabun » Post

Without access to the server, you can hardly diagnose the problem, let alone solve it.

Show the problem to your supervisor is no option?

You can send the chatcomand /mods to see what's on the machine.

If you were bold, you could go through your client cache and try to identify the sound, then look at its properties, on the off-chance it holds the mod name or creator.
Whatever I say is CC0

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Maybe you have a block in your house that makes noise.

Btw ask other people of your school if they hear it too... if not then you know its clientside

Give us the a screenshot after you typed '/mods' whilst in-game (or make a youtube video)
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe