Unable to Access Content

Nemesis

Unable to Access Content

by Nemesis » Post

Starting about a week ago, clicking 'Browse Online Content' just gives me 'No Packages Could Be Retrieved'.
I'm using 5.4.1 and I've reinstalled, no change.

I can manually install mods but it's cumbersome to check for updates.

Any ideas?

pampogokiraly
In-game: i_love_mesecon

Re: Unable to Access Content

by pampogokiraly » Post

I remember I had a similar problem for around a week, but it fixed itself every time by just pressing the "browse online content" button again
All praise the Bacon God! The one and only god in MineTest

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Which operating system are you using? Is it up to date?
"a week ago" coincides with a Certificate rollover at Letsencrypt, which content.minetest.net also uses.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Nemesis

by Nemesis » Post

That fixed it. Thank you.

Ralph_WTF

by Ralph_WTF » Post

Hi,

I am running minetest 5.4.1 on osx 10.13.6. This version of the os should be good with the new certificate, but I am still getting the 'No Packages Could Be Retrieved' Error.

Safari can reach the site without any issues.

Debug.txt states
2022-01-30 17:14:26: ERROR[Main]: https://content.minetest.net/api/packag ... op_default not found (Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates) (response code 0)
How/where does minetest get the certificates for https://content.minetest.net on osx ?

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Ralph_WTF wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 16:18
Hi,

I am running minetest 5.4.1 on osx 10.13.6. This version of the os should be good with the new certificate, but I am still getting the 'No Packages Could Be Retrieved' Error.

Safari can reach the site without any issues.

Debug.txt states
2022-01-30 17:14:26: ERROR[Main]: https://content.minetest.net/api/packag ... op_default not found (Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates) (response code 0)
How/where does minetest get the certificates for https://content.minetest.net on osx ?
I'm not sure if this applies to Mac OS as recent as High Sierra, but see this Reddit thread where someone was having issues with the root certificate for Let's Encrypt expiring on El Capitan.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

joba

by joba » Post

Hi,
me also - I'm receiving the message "No Packages Could Be Retrieved" when trying to access content.
I'm not very skilled with computer, but willy to learn :)
Just wondering if anyone could help me or if the link from the last post worked for anybody else?

Tesseract

by Tesseract » Post

After upgrading to 5.6.0 I get "No packages could be retrieved" every time I try to browse online content in-game. This is on a Mac, using the latest pre-built version downloaded from github. On the same computer, version 5.4.1 can access the content DB, as can version 5.5.1. I can reach content.minetest.net with a browser on the same computer.

I'm also unable to browse content with 5.6.0 on Windows, using an entirely different internet connection, so the problem seems general to the new version.