Lumberjack isn't working

Helen Pixels

Lumberjack isn't working

by Helen Pixels » Post

I've seen it working on youtube videos, but I can't get it to work despite having all dependancies met (moretrees and ethereal installed and enabled). Are there any mods which are incompatible with it?

Not only does it not work at all, it actually prevents me from collecting any wood by giving me the message 'from the top please'. I don't understand, I thought you destroyed the bottom block and the whole of the wood from that tree was added to inventory. At least, that is what happened on youtube video. Some of your trees are massive, bigger in fact than Minecraft jungle trees, and that's saying something, it would take the better part of half an hour to fell one the normal way.

Or is it something silly like me having to use an axe (which I can't possibly obtain without wood), meaning it must be disabled at first and then enabled when I get some wood? I'm confused.

joe7575
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto wuffi

Re: Lumberjack isn't working

by joe7575 » Post

Did you read the README?
Sent from my Commodore 64. Some of my Mods: Tech Age, TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, vm16, Minecart, Signs Bot.

Josselin2
GitHub: axcore
In-game: Josselin

by Josselin2 » Post

To prevent limitless griefing on servers, new players have to "improve their skills" by removing tree trunks from the top downwards. After they have "improved their skills" sufficiently, they can then remove the tree in one go.

If you are playing in singe player, type

Code: Select all

/grantme lumberjack
to skip the first step.

joe7575
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto wuffi

by joe7575 » Post

Thanks Josselin2 for the explanation.

But there no lumberjack privs anymore.
If you are playing in singleplayer, type /set_lumberjack_points singleplayer 0 to skip the training phase.
You need server privs to be able to use this command.
Last edited by joe7575 on Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my Commodore 64. Some of my Mods: Tech Age, TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, vm16, Minecart, Signs Bot.

Helen Pixels

by Helen Pixels » Post

Oh, in which case that makes sense. I thought it was malfunctioning or that I'd somehow chose the wrong mod. Thanks for the tip. It's mostly singleplayer I was wanting to use it on because of the collossal size of some of the trees, obviously on a server you work with whatever mods the admins have chosen, which I'm happy enough to do.