I have this error in Voxel Garden

Bleu_

I have this error in Voxel Garden

by Bleu_ » Post

When I try to create a world, i have this error, i tried this with all world generators, but the result is the same, i have the last minetest version, and i can´t understand what happens. Can give me help please?
Minetest 5.5.1 [Main Menu] 27-06-2022 17_30_09.png
Minetest 5.5.1 [Main Menu] 27-06-2022 17_30_09.png (127.09 KiB) Viewed 641 times
Minetest 5.5.1 [Main Menu] 27-06-2022 17_30_42.png
Minetest 5.5.1 [Main Menu] 27-06-2022 17_30_42.png (104.7 KiB) Viewed 641 times

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

Re: I have this error in Voxel Garden

by sirrobzeroone » Post

I've been playing around with VG myself recently - I just tried myself fresh install of 5.5.1 and VG from ContentDB and got the same error.

I'm trying to workout what's going on as I thought my home PC has 5.5.1 + VG and it's working (might be 5.5.0 though sometimes I miss little sub-releases) but I need to look a bit more closely when I get home this afternoon.

I did try MT-5.5.1 with VG-master, VG-5.5.0 and VG-5.0 and all get the same error.

Minetest version 5.5.0 + VG-ContentDB works fine
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/releases/tag/5.5.0

I'll see if I can workout whats going on but error dump from debug is just saying it's an issue with builtin scaleToHudMax which is well outside VG's control.

I did compare MT builtin statbars 5.5.0 to 5.5.1 and that function appears to have changed - no idea why thats affecting VG though.:

Code: Select all

local function scaleToDefault(player, field)
	-- Scale "hp" or "breath" to the default dimensions
	local current = player["get_" .. field](player)
	local nominal = core["PLAYER_MAX_" .. field:upper() .. "_DEFAULT"]
	local max_display = math.max(nominal,
		math.max(player:get_properties()[field .. "_max"], current))
	return current / max_display * nominal
end

Code: Select all

local function scaleToHudMax(player, field)
	-- Scale "hp" or "breath" to the hud maximum dimensions
	local current = player["get_" .. field](player)
	local nominal = bar_definitions[field].item
	local max_display = math.max(player:get_properties()[field .. "_max"], current)
	return math.ceil(current / max_display * nominal)
end

I don't have time to dig any further now sorry but hopefully using MT 5.5.0 + ContentDB VG version will at least get you playing.

Edit More Digging 1: I compared default between MTG and VG and VG has some differences most notably gui.lua, commenting out gui.lua and removing vessels I got VG to load. So I copied Default mod from MTG across to VG game and overwrote all. This then allowed VG to load normally on a fresh game - I don;t think Casimir changed default so this should be okay. <nope not this>My guess is something changed in default in regards to hudbar registering to support the hudbar builtin change? Not sure need a core dev and MTG dev I think to comment on that - I cross posted to the 5.5.1 release topic - here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&p=411709#p411709

VG definitely needs an update - so I'll cross-post there as well - done:
viewtopic.php?p=411710#p411710

Edit More Digging 2 gui.lua under VG default does appear to be something custom Casimir has added - what I don't understand is why it's breaking at line 36 in statbars.lua given he does set the item value. I also cant do much testing at the moment just review code so harder to piece together. Anyways my workaround in the above edit may not be such a good idea.

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

Should be fixed with this commit by jeremyshannon (I don't know if this happens to be you).

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

That'd be me. It was an interesting bug, I just had to dig it out.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile