Minetest crashes with to high client ammount

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

Minetest crashes with to high client ammount

by debiankaios » Post

In the past I have played with 4 clients at the same time to test some things. Today I wanted to test something where I needed 3 accounts, but my 3rd account crashed after a few seconds. I have seen this problem previously with two clients but more rarely. I still think this bug is dumb.

-- Thank you for Blockhead who corrected the translating-issues.
Last edited by debiankaios on Sun Oct 02, 2022 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: Minetest crashes with to high client ammount

by Blockhead » Post

Here are a few question that might help if you could answer them:
  • Did you run out of memory? - This is not Minetest's problem. You may have to close other programs like your web browser to have enough memory.
  • Do you have map saving enabled? - This is a known problem. Disable map saving if you want to run more than one client.
  • Did the crash cause a gray/black screen and a freeze or did the window close entirely? I have gotten a grey screen before when I have had map saving enabled.

The spoiler contains some grammar fixes to your OP
Spoiler
In the past I have played with 4 clients at the same time to test some things. Today I wanted to test something where I needed 3 accounts, but my 3rd account crashed after a few seconds. I have seen this problem previously with two clients but more rarely. I still think this bug is dumb.

Note: The German etwas can be translated to English something or anything, but in English those two words have distinct meanings. article.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

Re: Minetest crashes with to high client ammount

by debiankaios » Post

Yes I enabled map saving briefly after i downloaded 5.7.0. And yeah i get a grey screen sometime and sometime i get back to mainmenu. Thankyou for translating fixes