Iron and Cole nodes not collecting in inventory.

Tylor Smith

Iron and Cole nodes not collecting in inventory.

by Tylor Smith » Post

I was mining in a cave and I collected a lot of iron and coal but after I got some tools built, both the iron and the coal will not collect in my inventory. I can mine it but it won't collect. I have room in my inventory for the nodes, but they just will not show up. It is really frustrating that somebody have any trouble shooting advice?

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: Iron and Cole nodes not collecting in inventory.

by Desour » Post

How were you even mining without tools?

If you want to get cole, try using some farming mod.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

It sounds like you have Creative mode or 'creative' privs enabled, this stops you collecting items that are already in your inventory.

Tylor Smith

by Tylor Smith » Post

I actually did have tools but they were made out of stone, and I was not in creative mode. I don't think I commanded for any creative privileges unless I did it on accident. And to reiterate, it was actually the opposite problem so far as not giving me any more if I had it in my inventory. If I didn't have the coal it would not give it to me. I had tested this by going back to my house, and getting the two lumps of cool I had. Then I went back to the mine, and the coal I collected was adding to the two that I already had. But then I use everything on torches and continued mining but the same problem occurred. I did not try it for the iron ore, but it also is having the same problem as the coal as far as not showing up in my inventory when I harvest it. I have the farming mods and animal mobs and everything like that and all of those nodes are counting in my inventory just fine so it is kind of a mystery. To me it seems sort of like a bug.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

then you need to go on basics:
Client Version ?
if no play single-player on that own client : Server version ?
(if server, sure game version is same as server version)
(if server via client : sure they are both same version, if not which)

in the game do /privs and tell what priv your used account has

what game is used, activated ?
what mod is making this tools you wrote made the change ?
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Tylor Smith

by Tylor Smith » Post

Here is a link to a blog post I made showing screenshots of my world, the version, and the problems I'm having. It might give some clues about what may have caused it.

https://minetestsharing.blogspot.com/20 ... s.html?m=1

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

Weird.

I'll assume you've also looked into the other parts of your inventory (as opposed to just the hotbar).

Who knows, maybe some mod increased your main inventory list size and moved a non-full coal and iron stack into there. To rule this out you could install worldedit, grant yourself the worldedit and server privs, and execute in chat: //lua minetest.log(dump(minetest.get_connected_players()[1]:get_inventory():get_lists())) Then look in the output for coal.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

yes, I checked the screenshots out:
I agree with DS-minetest, as
* you don't show the full inventory (press I normally)
* and also I don't see a floating item coal on the screenshot that should exist IF you dig coal but your inventory would be full (as the standard inventory contains 32 slots, not only the first 8 you see by default on screen)

Tylor Smith

by Tylor Smith » Post

[url]https://minetestsharing.blogspot.com/20 ... -code.html[/
There was an error code output. I took a screenshot in this link. I'm not sure what I did wrong or what code I didn't include that was necessary. Alls I did was copy and pasted the Lua code that you wrote in your post.

Desour

by Desour » Post

Works on my machine though. Probably a copy&paste error.

Tylor Smith

by Tylor Smith » Post

https://minetestsharing.blogspot.com/20 ... sults.html
The copy paste was successful this time. I think I just included something that wasn't code. But as you can see, this is what the output looks like. Is that all there is to it?

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

I would really prefer if you post an screenshot with inventory open (press I to see your full inventory (maybe like unified inventory) like this

Desour

by Desour » Post

You can see the full output in chat history. Idk how to get there in touch controls.

snoopy

by snoopy » Post

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your mishap.

Apparently are you using WorldEdit and why not considering to deactivate this in first place?

WorldEdit is a powerful tool but might be total overkill if one just wants to play the MT game, I presume. IMO one should activate the WorldEdit mod only for the phase of world editing and the tool should stay deactivated as default procedure otherwise.

My five cents.

Have fun with MT.

Tylor Smith

by Tylor Smith » Post

https://minetestsharing.blogspot.com/20 ... cture.html
Okay I took a picture of my inventory, and above is the link.

Tylor Smith

by Tylor Smith » Post

And by the way I am not using world edit. I was just installing it temporarily to see if I could bring up any hidden inventory information. I agree with your perspective on using it only as an occasional tool. I made a world one time with just world edit, and it ended up being very messy and crazy because I wasn't in survival mode and therefore I had too much freedom to mess up the environment. It is cool to develop with the land and the circumstances of survival. I have been considering using world edit though to enhance some building projects. So, I agree.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Tylor Smith wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:30
... but after I got some tools built, both the iron and the coal will not collect in my inventory.
What tool did you build ?
Tylor Smith wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 03:13
https://minetestsharing.blogspot.com/20 ... cture.html
Okay I took a picture of my inventory, and above is the link.
that does not hep further now.

Was it that steel-pickax that you used to dig that coal and iron ?

Two options, as we have even no clue what mods are active there:
* make sure iron ore, iron or steel ingot and a coal are in the first 8 slots, make a screenshot before test,
then go mining ad sure dig some iron and coal, and
* make again a screenshot from the inventory open again.
So we can see other changes by see the count number changed

or better do it in a video, as It is very difficult to guess out of that one screenshot and as of lack also what you crafted (tool full name like 'default:pick_steel') that we are sure talk about same things.
Video start position to possible dig-able ore, with show the inventory before, and then after dig that missed ore, showing the place the dig happened, and then open the inventory again.
Last edited by Festus1965 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 03:30, edited 1 time in total.

Tylor Smith

by Tylor Smith » Post

https://minetestsharing.blogspot.com/20 ... at-so.html
Okay here's a picture of the code I put in the Lua chat after I downloaded the world edit and Lewis chat so I can dump my inventory contents in the chat history. I'm still unsure if it was entirely successful as planned to display inventory contents. There does not seem to be any of the items in my inventory listed in the chat history after I executed the code.

Tylor Smith

by Tylor Smith » Post

https://minetestsharing.blogspot.com/20 ... t-out.html
I thought back to somebody's post he said something about switching inventory possibly causing the problem of the missing nodes. And I had the idea to disable unified inventory, and enable the previous mod I had i3. As you can see in the picture posted in the link, at the bottom right the missing iron and coal appear! Thank you guys for your help!

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Tylor Smith wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 03:41
Thank you guys for your help!
That was a useless help, as you didn't mention the switch of inventory from i3 to ui ...
So I will not touch any of your help requests anymore, as the basic important information will also be incomplete and self caused.
Bye