Minetest without sound 😱🤔

duckgo
In-game: duckgo

Minetest without sound 😱🤔

by duckgo » Post

hey guys, could anyone tell me why this happened? , today minetest suddenly had no sound anymore.. I researched several posts about it, I reinstalled openAL , and even so I still have no sound , I also reinstalled minetest and nothing solved it, I really don't know what this problem is!
I'm currently using windows 11, but I've never had this problem on Linux.. If someone knows how to solve this, and can tell me there, I leave my thank you very much :)

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: Minetest without sound 😱🤔

by Blockhead » Post

• Is the sound muted inside MInetest? Check from the Esc menu in-game or press the "m" key to toggle mute
  • Is the sound muted on the system volume mixer? There should be a volume mixer available from the system tray that can be expanded out to per-application settings. Anyway this should match to the game's mute sound, but possibly not.
  • Is there a warning about OpenAL, sound or anything suspicious in your debug.txt?
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

duckgo
In-game: duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 08:26
  • Is the sound muted inside MInetest? Check from the Esc menu in-game or press the "m" key to toggle mute
  • Is the sound muted on the system volume mixer? There should be a volume mixer available from the system tray that can be expanded out to per-application settings. Anyway this should match to the game's mute sound, but possibly not.
  • Is there a warning about OpenAL, sound or anything suspicious in your debug.txt?
Hello Blockhead , thanks for your attention , I was testing another compilation here, and I realized that this only happens with portable , I installed the version compiled by " Lone_Wolf " and the sound is normal , a little strange .. well, about Mixer, no minetest mixer appears as an option, and the sound is not muted, I did all these tests :)

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=25419

Wilderness
GitHub: Wilderness7272
In-game: Wilderness7272+Last_Laugh

by Wilderness » Post

Sometimes if I die or something like that the sound automatically mutes itself in-game and I have to unmute it.
Seems like a bug of some type to me, but maybe it's a hidden 'feature'.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

Set log level to info and grep for "Audio" and "sound".
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

Desour wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 20:18
Set log level to info and grep for "Audio" and "sound".
The command for that should be:

faultyMinetestExecutablePathGoesHere --info --logfile x.txt; grep audio x.txt; grep sound x.txt

If my linux skills are correct.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).