Corrupted map.sqlite (MineClone2)

IGPslot

Corrupted map.sqlite (MineClone2)

by IGPslot » Post

Hello.

Yesterday, I've encountered a problem. When I was playing the game, a power outage happened. After restoring power and restarting the game, I've discovered that the world around my character has become completely black. That is, I can see GUI, crosshair, hear sounds of animals around or the footsteps on the grass, but not any of the blocks surrounding me. Not sure about the sky or animals, because I was inside the hut while my PC lost power.

I did some experimenting and I'm almost sure that the problem pertains specifically to this world and not the mod or game as a whole. I tried creating new worlds and those look normal. I also tried deleting (after backing up obviously) players.sqlite and map.sqlite and after respawn the world is also functioning normally, but removing map.sqlite is not a solution, because it also erases the progress I've made during the game. When I teleport to another place, it looks normal too, but after teleporting back, everything is black again. It seems to me that only the specific area around my hut got corrupted somehow.

Below are the details:
Minetest version: 5.7.0-_1
Mineclone2 version: 0.83.1 (or so I assume, not sure where can I check that specifically, but all updated were applied, according the the game itself)
Distro: Void Linux x86_64

Also, here's is the link to snippet from debug.txt. I've marked the place where the power outage has happedned like that: !!!Power outage happed here!!!
https://pastebin.com/Lf4PGDPr

Feel free to ask me for any additional details. I hope I didn't miss anything.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

Re: Corrupted map.sqlite (MineClone2)

by LMD » Post

Sounds like a particularly severe lighting issue. Have you tried mods for fixing light issues such as WorldEdit, which provides a //fixlight chatcommand?
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

IGPslot

by IGPslot » Post

I've set the position with //pos2 and after that issued //fixlight. It produced the message "1 nodes updated" but didn't fix the light.

After that I spontaneously decided to teleport about 20 block away from my current position along the second axis and lo and behold, the world is clear again! Well, almost, the bed inside my hut now looks kinda... weird.

Well then, thank you for the advice anyway.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

@IGPslot - Instead try using minetest's built-in command by typing this into chat: /fixlight here 50

IGPslot

by IGPslot » Post

@TenPlus1
Out of pure curiousity, I rolled back to the corrupted world, since the backup is still around and tried your command, but it didn't work too, even though the message appeared about "succesfully fixed light".

No matter - I seemingly recovered from that problem by teleporting away. Maybe it really wasn't lighting issue after all.

Even then, thank you for your input.