Problem with home directory

elettrico

Problem with home directory

by elettrico » Post

Hi, I've a minetest server in my lan, running on linux mint. Recently I've update te OS, so I've removed and then reinstalled minestest binary (because it comes from the minetestdevs-stable ppa).
The "home" of minetest data was always /var/games/minetest-server/ and the user "Debian-minetest" (which has the home correctly set to the same dir).
The server is started by systemd with the following unit file:

Code: Select all

[Unit]
Description=Minetest server
After=network.target

[Service]
Restart=on-failure
User=Debian-minetest
Group=games
Environment="MINETEST_USER_PATH=/var/games/minetest-server/.minetest"
ExecStart=/usr/bin/minetest --trace --verbose --server --config /etc/minetest/minetest-dormidito.conf --logfile /var/log/minetest/minetest-dormidito.log --worldname dormidito

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
I've added the MINETEST_USER_PATH and the --trace and --verbose options because after the update I cannot run the server because it fails saying:

2023-05-29 18:44:11: [Main]: Using world specified by --worldname on the command line
2023-05-29 18:44:11: WARNING[Main]: /!\ You are using the old mod storage files backend. This backend is deprecated and may be removed in a future release /!\
2023-05-29 18:44:11: WARNING[Main]: Switching to SQLite3 is advised, please read http://wiki.minetest.net/Database_backends.
2023-05-29 18:44:11: ERROR[Main]: The following mods could not be found: "mydoors" "chains"
2023-05-29 18:44:11: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2023-05-29 18:44:11: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Some mods have unsatisfied dependencies:
2023-05-29 18:44:11: ERROR[Main]:  - church_grave is missing: font_lib display_lib
2023-05-29 18:44:11: ERROR[Main]: Install and enable the required mods, or disable the mods causing errors.
2023-05-29 18:44:11: ERROR[Main]: Note: this may be caused by a dependency cycle, in which case try updating the mods.
map_dir in config file is defined as:

map-dir = /var/games/minetest-server/.minetest/worlds/dormidito
It seems algo the --verbose and --trace options are ignored.
It's important to note that the very same configuration worked perfectly until the update, no mod war removed (in fact mydoors for example is in "/var/games/minetest-server/.minetest/mods/mydoors", nothing touched, so I'm a little lost, any suggestion?

Thanks

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: Problem with home directory

by Desour » Post

Minetest now refuses to load if not all dependencies are fulfilled, this is intentional.

Install the missing mods and their dependencies, or disable them.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Here's the relevant message:
ServerError: Some mods have unsatisfied dependencies:
- church_grave is missing: font_lib display_lib
Install and enable the required mods, or disable the mods causing errors.
You either need to install font_lib and display_lib or disable church_grave. Disabling church_grave would match the previous behaviour, as Minetest used to automatically disable - but doesn't any more as it can cause issues and confusion
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

elettrico

by elettrico » Post

Ok, so I'll disable "church_grave", but what about this "mydoors" and "chains"? They are present and perfectly functional with the previous installation. Also, why --trace and --verbose doesn´t change the log level?