Please help if i try to play comes an error!!

shin chan

Please help if i try to play comes an error!!

by shin chan » Post

Hey Guys,

Today i downloaded Minetest (i was so lucky :D ) i unrar the package and run the minetest.exe in the bin folder...
but it wont work in the debug.txt was that :

-------------
Separator
-------------

Debug streams initialized, disable_stderr=1
21:23:07: minetest with SER_FMT_VER_HIGHEST=20, VER=0.2.20110922_1 RUN_IN_PLACE=ON USE_GETTEXT=0 INSTALL_PREFIX=C:/Program Files/minetest BUILD_TYPE=Release
Error opening configuration file "C:\Users\---\Desktop\minetest-0.2.20110922_1-win32\bin/..//minetest.conf"
Error opening configuration file "C:\Users\---\Desktop\minetest-0.2.20110922_1-win32\bin/..//../minetest.conf"
INFO: Initial run of init_mapnode with g_texturesource=NULL. If this segfaults, there is a bug with something not checking for the NULL value.
INFO: Settings: Setting not found: "enable-unittests"
INFO: Settings: Setting not found: "server"

what does that means?

can anyone help me ?

thx for answer :)
Last edited by shin chan on Mon Oct 03, 2011 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

celeron55
Administrator
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

by celeron55 » Post

Once again one of the times when debug.txt is totally useless... It's probably a segmentation fault or some kind of a lost exception or something. Really the only way to find out is to build a debug build of the game and run it in gdb.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Same problem for me on directx 8/9 renderers. OpenGL works few seconds and dies, software rendering looks very ugly with a lot of artefacts but works.

VER=0.2.20110922_1 WinXP sp3, Ati radeon 9600. Not usable :(
ContentDB | MODsearch | Bugs\FR\PR | DevWiki | ModdingBook | BisectBug | Compile with MSYS2/mingw64 | Minetest 5 win64 build has GC64 support (no OOMs)
GDB backtrace: 1) compile mt with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug 2) run in console: gdb path_to_minetest_binary; then in gdb: set logging on; run; when crash: thread apply all bt

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

psssssssst..some one on WINDOWS should build this..FOR WINDOWS...like seriously..as soon as you see this! GO BUILD FROM THE DAILY BUILDS! DO IT NOW! lol
I've been gone for a long time

Staffs

by Staffs » Post

Hehe linux here :D
I love mods :D

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Staffs wrote:Hehe linux here :D
same here! but right now im at school! and im on break so when i play it on windows it:
A) is the old version with none of the new features (guys the daily/unstable is stable to just release it as stable :P)
B) is crashy

but at home im linux so theres no problems XD
I've been gone for a long time

Staffs

by Staffs » Post

Lol at my school there is some crappy hardware so it laggs :D
I love mods :D

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

I've builded test version with msvc2010 it feels stable for me. I will test it more.

2 Moderators: Is it appropriate to post link to compiled version here, so people can try?
ContentDB | MODsearch | Bugs\FR\PR | DevWiki | ModdingBook | BisectBug | Compile with MSYS2/mingw64 | Minetest 5 win64 build has GC64 support (no OOMs)
GDB backtrace: 1) compile mt with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug 2) run in console: gdb path_to_minetest_binary; then in gdb: set logging on; run; when crash: thread apply all bt

saschakb

by saschakb » Post

Nope, the unstable version isn't stable. Even in the actual version - I have randomly new blocks. I acknowledge this at moments, when random lava/volcanoes occur. And it occur's.
Have a look on my minetest screenshots on http://saschakb.tumblr.com
If you would play in my world, fork the datas from https://github.com/saschakb/minetest-world