"Illegal Instructions"

Post Reply
User avatar
Zekromaster
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:35

"Illegal Instructions"

by Zekromaster » Post

I have a problem...
I downloaded Minetest today, and i created a world and opened it...
After "Creating Server" and "Creating Client", "Illegal Instructions" error appeared...
How can I resolve it?

Excuse me if I made errors, I'm Italian...

User avatar
Aqua
Member
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 09:11
Location: Sydney~Singapore
Contact:

by Aqua » Post

What os do you run?
Hi there ^.~

User avatar
Zekromaster
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:35

by Zekromaster » Post

Windows Ice XP(Based on windows XP)

Ragnar
Member
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 15:19
Location: Estonia
Contact:

by Ragnar » Post

oo nice :D
Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

LorenzoVulcan
Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 06:46
GitHub: aegroto

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

I think this is an OS problem,Bootlegs are not stable.

Anyway,i'm also italian,We have our discussion in other languages section.
Developer of the BlockForge 2# Project!
Official thread: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 290#p54290

User avatar
Zekromaster
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:35

by Zekromaster » Post

LorenzoVulcan wrote:I think this is an OS problem,Bootlegs are not stable.

Anyway,i'm also italian,We have our discussion in other languages section.
Beh, dato che sei italiano...altri giochi complessi funzionano!Solo questo non vuole funzionare!
(Other complex games works, only Minetest doesn't!)

LorenzoVulcan
Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 06:46
GitHub: aegroto

by LorenzoVulcan » Post

Zekromaster wrote:
LorenzoVulcan wrote:I think this is an OS problem,Bootlegs are not stable.

Anyway,i'm also italian,We have our discussion in other languages section.
Beh, dato che sei italiano...altri giochi complessi funzionano!Solo questo non vuole funzionare!
(Other complex games works, only Minetest doesn't!)
Quali altri giochi?

What other games?
Developer of the BlockForge 2# Project!
Official thread: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 290#p54290

User avatar
Zekromaster
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:35

by Zekromaster » Post

LorenzoVulcan wrote:
Zekromaster wrote:
LorenzoVulcan wrote:I think this is an OS problem,Bootlegs are not stable.

Anyway,i'm also italian,We have our discussion in other languages section.
Beh, dato che sei italiano...altri giochi complessi funzionano!Solo questo non vuole funzionare!
(Other complex games works, only Minetest doesn't!)
Quali altri giochi?

What other games?
Minecraft funziona, ma lagga parecchio...ed è in Java, quindi non so quanto valga...
Poi ci sono una marea di altri giochi che se li elenco qui finisco a pasqua(Natale è troppo vicino)!
Per esempio c'è CoD o Portal2 che vanno senza problemi...

Minecraft works, for example, but lags...and it's in Java, so i think it isn't important...
There are many other games that works, but if i start to list them i'll finish next year!
For example, Call of Duty and Portal2 works without problems!

Ragnar
Member
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 15:19
Location: Estonia
Contact:

by Ragnar » Post

oo i LOVE Call of Duty & Portal , Portal 2 ^^
Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

User avatar
Zekromaster
New member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:35

by Zekromaster » Post

Ragnar wrote:oo i LOVE Call of Duty & Portal , Portal 2 ^^
E io invece non amo l'off topic...

And I don't love Off-Topic

Ragnar
Member
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 15:19
Location: Estonia
Contact:

by Ragnar » Post

and i dont love you... :/
but i dont complaint!
Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA?

User avatar
Menche
Member
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 00:43
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche
Location: An island in a lava lake.

by Menche » Post

I got that when minetest was compiled with instructions my cpu doesn't have. The most common cause of that problem is using an old CPU that doesn't have SSE, but if yours can run those other games I assume it has SSE. Maybe try compiling minetest?
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact:

by kaeza » Post

I had Windows XP Fénix Team (also a h4x3d WinXP), and had to quickly ditch it because it had problems with almost any software, be it simple glitches, be it "illegal instructions" whatever. I suggest you either install a legit copy of windows, or make the switch to Linux. There are several easy to use distros that try to help new users that are switching from Win.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests