Black Borders around some images

jmorrison.jake

Black Borders around some images

by jmorrison.jake » Post

I have a windows 7 computer. When I play mine test certain things (mostly items) such as apples, pickaxe, shovel, paper, coal, ect. pretty much anything that isn't a block, have a black border around the image itself. you can still see the image it's just enclose by a black square. Please help!!!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

is it shaded darkly or do you see a black box when you move the mouse over it. if you are moving the mouse over the object a box appears.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Do you mean the normal selection box?

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

When you start Minetest, do the first few lines in trhe console window refer to "openGL", or "DirectX"?

Especially these lines:

Code: Select all

Using renderer: OpenGL 4.1.11251
AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6480G         : ATI Technologies Inc.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

jmorrison.jake

by jmorrison.jake » Post

It says openGL 2.1.0
rarkenin wrote:When you start Minetest, do the first few lines in trhe console window refer to "openGL", or "DirectX"?

Especially these lines:

Using renderer: OpenGL 4.1.11251
AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6480G         : ATI Technologies Inc.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

What graphics card do you have? OpenGL 2.1 is kind of old. Anyway, the boxes that PilzAdam shows are normal, but not if they seem to be fillnig the entire space around the apple.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

jmorrison.jake

by jmorrison.jake » Post

What can I do to get a picture up here so I can show you guys what it looks like? And graphics card not sure I will have to look (i'll be gone for a while today but i'll get on later and thanks ahead of time for your help!)

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

jmorrison.jake wrote:What can I do to get a picture up here so I can show you guys what it looks like? And graphics card not sure I will have to look (i'll be gone for a while today but i'll get on later and thanks ahead of time for your help!)
Press F12 to take a screenshot in Minetest. It will be saved in the bin/ folder. Then upload the image here: http://zimg.eu/ and post the URL like this:

[img]http://www.zimg.eu/i/somenumber[/img]

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

It's perfectly normal -- the outline shows that you are pointing something.
Also, OpenGL 2.1.0 works just fine with Minetest (any version starting from 1.2 will).

jmorrison.jake

by jmorrison.jake » Post

Ok notice how the selection box you guys are talking about is there and then all that blackness? These are only a few of the items that look like this. They look like this in my hand and on the ground but not in my inventory. And I did check to make sure that there is no background.
Last edited by jmorrison.jake on Wed Jan 23, 2013 02:14, edited 1 time in total.

celeron55
Administrator
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

by celeron55 » Post

jmorrison.jake wrote: Ok notice how the selection box you guys are talking about is there and then all that blackness? These are only a few of the items that look like this. They look like this in my hand and on the ground but not in my inventory. And I did check to make sure that there is no background.
That looks like you have to disable shaders in the settings. Your video driver is somehow broken.

jmorrison.jake

by jmorrison.jake » Post

I did disable the shaders and it didn't help. Should I try and see whats up with my video card? (this isn't only a problem in minetest it happens on other games too)
celeron55 wrote:
jmorrison.jake wrote: Ok notice how the selection box you guys are talking about is there and then all that blackness? These are only a few of the items that look like this. They look like this in my hand and on the ground but not in my inventory. And I did check to make sure that there is no background.
That looks like you have to disable shaders in the settings. Your video driver is somehow broken.

jmorrison.jake

by jmorrison.jake » Post

Issue fixed. something that I must have changed a while back in my graphics driver settings lol sorry. Thanks for trying guys!
Last edited by jmorrison.jake on Thu Jan 24, 2013 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

Tamjid Wafaa

by Tamjid Wafaa » Post

I've recently bought a 24in display for my PC which I'm using via an HDMI connection. When I plug it in I get a 1920 x 1080 image on the screen, but it has a large black border all around the edge which I simply can't get rid of. Can you help?

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Disable overscan (you can do that in your screen's OSD, there should be some buttons on your screen).