- Search on github forum if the bug is already reported or solved [url]https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues?q=is%3Aissue[/url] Minetest issues [url]https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues?q=is%3Aissue[/url] Minetest Game issues
- Collect information about the bug (see below)
- Create a new 'issue' on github [url]https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/new[/url] Create a new Minetest issue [url]https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/new[/url] Create a new Minetest Game issue
- Is the bug reproducible?
- How can you reproduce the bug?
- What is your operating system?
- What is your version of Minetest?
- What game do you use? (e.g. minetest_game, MiniTest, dwarves)
Code: Select all
tags of BBCode for that): [list] [*]Go to the bin/ directory of your Minetest copy (or ~/.minetest/ in a globally installed Minetest) and delete the existing debug.txt[/*] [*]Add "debug_log_level = verbose" (*) to minetest.conf[/*] [*]Start Minetest and reproduce the bug[/*] [*]Close Minetest (if it hasnt crashed already) and copy the contents of the new debug.txt[/*] [*](Remove "debug_log_level = verbose" from minetest.conf)[/*] [/list] [i]If debug.txt doesn't contain anything but a console pops up, post the content of the console.[/i] (*) If you are using Minetest 0.4.11 or earlier, use "debug_log_level = 4" instead. [size=85][[b]EDIT[/b] [i]8/7/17 by sofar - updated to reflect all bug reports need to go to github[/i]][/size]