Gentoo/Funtoo ebuild issue

Zedm0n

Gentoo/Funtoo ebuild issue

by Zedm0n » Post

I am running Funtoo Linux, which is based on Gentoo (but it just works better) and when I try to install Minetest I get the following error:

Code: Select all

>>> Failed to emerge games-mud/minetest-9999-r1, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/games-mud/minetest-9999-r1/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package games-mud/minetest-9999-r1:

* ERROR: games-mud/minetest-9999-r1 failed (unpack phase):
 *   EGIT_REPO_URI must have some value
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   93:  Called src_unpack
 *   environment, line 3620:  Called git-2_src_unpack
 *   environment, line 2452:  Called git-2_init_variables
 *   environment, line 2324:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       [[ -n ${EGIT_REPO_URI} ]] || die "EGIT_REPO_URI must have some value";
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=games-mud/minetest-9999-r1'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=games-mud/minetest-9999-r1'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-mud/minetest-9999-r1/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-mud/minetest-9999-r1/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/games-mud/minetest-9999-r1/work'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/games-mud/minetest-9999-r1/work/minetest-9999'
If anyone here knows about Gentoo ebuilds could you please look at this? I would like very much to have a native install from the Portage tree, but in the mean time I'll start trying to compile and install it manually.

Zedm0n

Zedm0n

by Zedm0n » Post

I have just tried to compile Minetest manually by fooling these instructions:

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... README.txt

After issuing the make command the compile runs to the point of linking but then fails:

Code: Select all

[100%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/minetest.dir/game.cpp.o
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/debug.h: In member function ‘virtual std::streamsize Debugbuf::xsputn(const char*, std::streamsize)’:                          
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/debug.h:108:45: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fwrite(const void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/debug.h: In member function ‘virtual int Debugbuf::overflow(int)’:
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/debug.h:94:46: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fwrite(const void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/util/../debug.h: In member function ‘virtual std::streamsize Debugbuf::xsputn(const char*, std::streamsize)’:
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/util/../debug.h:108:45: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fwrite(const void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/util/../debug.h: In member function ‘virtual int Debugbuf::overflow(int)’:
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/util/../debug.h:94:46: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fwrite(const void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
[100%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/minetest.dir/main.cpp.o
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/debug.h: In member function ‘virtual std::streamsize Debugbuf::xsputn(const char*, std::streamsize)’:                          
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/debug.h:108:45: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fwrite(const void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/debug.h: In member function ‘virtual int Debugbuf::overflow(int)’:
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/debug.h:94:46: warning: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fwrite(const void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
/root/minetest/minetest-minetest-f70378f/src/main.cpp:1677:28: warning: ‘dtime’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
Linking CXX executable ../bin/minetest
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU                                                                            
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/minetest] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/minetest.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
If you need any more information just ask and I will do my best to provide it.

EDIT: I realized that the ebuild failed to pull in glu as a dependency for minetest. After installing it the manual compile completed and the game launches. Now I just need to figure out which mods I want.

Zedm0n
Last edited by Zedm0n on Sun Mar 24, 2013 15:59, edited 1 time in total.