Experience with Minetest and Puppy Lupu

RAPHAEL

Experience with Minetest and Puppy Lupu

by RAPHAEL » Thu Dec 15, 2011 18:53

Decided to post about my experience with Minetest 0.4dev and Puppy Linux Lupu and to also ask if anyone else is using Minetest on Puppy.

Basically to get it going I had to download libjpeg deb and Minetest Maverick deb. Updated graphics drivers and it loaded. However the FPS is 1. Yes 1. On Windows XP with DirectX FPS averages 20-40.

Is this an issue with OpenGL? I noticed OpenGL on Windows performs similar but with average FPS of 5-10.

Any known ways to speed it up so it can be played? I kinda like my portable Puppy Distro lol.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Fri Dec 16, 2011 22:13

First, disable 3D clouds and new style water (keep it transparent, but don't make it lower than surface) - those 2 things take up a lot of resources.
Are you sure you are using closed source drivers?
What is your graphics card?

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Fri Dec 16, 2011 23:15

3d clouds and new style water was already disabled when I got the 1 FPS. As for the drivers I'm unsure of them. They were suggested for the graphics I have (integrated Intel). Yea not the best of graphics card for gaming but it works ok on windows with minetest lol.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

maddogg

by maddogg » Fri Dec 23, 2011 20:43

Yes may also help to change render distance it helps with me

Return to Problems