0.4.5-0.4.6 error

Blackthorne

0.4.5-0.4.6 error

by Blackthorne » Post

Hey, guys. I just downloaded the latest MT build a few days ago. I stopped playing for a while, and I wanted to get back into it with the latest version. The thing is, when I load up Minetest, the login screen looks...weird.

After getting to this screen, I loaded up one of my worlds as usual to start playing, but almost immediately, I get a crash report from Minetest and it auto closes. This happened every time I tried playing. I went back and downloaded 0.4.5 to see if it would work, and the same thing happens. The last playable build I had was 0.4.4. I'm running minetest on a computer with Japanese localization, because most of the other games I play need that to run. Since it would be a pain to switch back and forth between Japanese and English localization, and since all of the english games I play work fine under Japanese locale, I never bothered switching it back to English locale. Is there a fix for this so that I can play it in English without having to bother switching over the localization? Like something I can put in the conf file? Since I never had to bother with changing localization since 0.4.3, I never did. This error only occurs on versions 0.4.5-0.4.6. Any help that involves not switching localizations would be appreciated, since I have an epic castle to build...right after I play Ao Oni. Thanks!

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

You could try deleting the Minetest translation files for Japanese
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

Where are these located?

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

For me they are in the "locale" directory
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Blackthorne

by Blackthorne » Post

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

You can also just use a font with the japanese characters. Just place the new font in minetest/fonts/