Falling Into Infinity, Crashes (almost) Every Time

Octopusbeak

Falling Into Infinity, Crashes (almost) Every Time

by Octopusbeak » Post

I have Minetest version 0.4.7-0 installed on my computer which is running Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring). I had the same issue with 12.04, with both the stable and daily releases of minetest.

Nearly every time I log onto a server, or even go into a singleplayer world, I start shooting off into space. My FPS drops rapidly from 55 to 2. If I don't exit within ~10 seconds, I start getting one frame per several seconds. It doesn't seem to be a problem in creative mode worlds.

I generated a debug.txt for you, although it's very long and I can't attach it as a file. Here's a screenshot, for whatever it's worth:

Please ask any questions if you have them. I'll try to reply quickly. I would really like to be able to play again!

Octopusbeak

by Octopusbeak » Post

debug.txt is 18605 lines. There aren't any obvious errors except for sound issues.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Try /teleport 0,0,0

Octopusbeak

by Octopusbeak » Post

I don't have that privelege in servers. In singleplayer, it didn't crash immediately. It used to happen mid-game on servers. It'd be really nice to be able to play regularly without losing my place and having to teleport to 0,20,0 every 10 minutes. My previous solution was creating a different login, which was even worse than teleporting. But, as I said, I don't have that privelege...

Thanks for the suggestion though.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Octopusbeak

by Octopusbeak » Post

You're right! I'm looking into it. Thanks for the pointer!