Wierd behaviour of water

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

Wierd behaviour of water

by Neuromancer » Post

I'm guessing I'm not the first to notice this, but water just doesn't flow like it used to, it basically defies gravity like crazy. For example, near caves, water just doesn't flow down into them. It just hangs there in space. In fact, I just was swimming and fell through a 1 node thick layer of water into a huge empty space below that was all air.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Neuromancer wrote:I'm guessing I'm not the first to notice this, but water just doesn't flow like it used to, it basically defies gravity like crazy. For example, near caves, water just doesn't flow down into them. It just hangs there in space. In fact, I just was swimming and fell through a 1 node thick layer of water into a huge empty space below that was all air.
IT does, it just does it fairly slowly. I think there was a setting in minetest.conf for how quickly it flows into empty spaces, but I can't remember it off-hand.
Back from the dead!

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

Evergreen, then we must be a bit nuts it seems. I also discovered Water which hangs in air or seems just be stopped by a invisible wall. And i visited that place a few more times without noticable change. Calculation kicked in, after i placed a node near the water.
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Evergreen wrote:T does, it just does it fairly slowly. I think there was a setting in minetest.conf for how quickly it flows into empty spaces, but I can't remember it off-hand.
this one?
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

darthvader

by darthvader » Post

I think it spawned naturally there, hanging in the air. LOL Rhyme
Q. Why cant you write with a broken pencil?
A. Because its not in minetest.
(The original answer is "Because it's pointless.")

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Mystical water, sleeps until startled...