Minetest Compile error

DreamHacker

Minetest Compile error

by DreamHacker » Post

So hello all i decided to take minetest engine and build my own game because its open souce :)
so i followed instructions on how to compile the game and i downloadd al the stuff needed for windows.
so i started with Cmake and i got this error

Code: Select all

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Visual Studio 6".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Toms/DIR/minetest-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Toms/DIR/minetest-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
I didnt understand the part when h said that i need compiler maybe sombody can help me with this.

And one quick question where i can rename the game title where it says Minetest and fps?Cuz i want my own name there.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

DreamHacker wrote:So hello all i decided to take minetest engine and build my own game because its open souce :)
so i followed instructions on how to compile the game and i downloadd al the stuff needed for windows.
so i started with Cmake and i got this error

Code: Select all

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Visual Studio 6".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Toms/DIR/minetest-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Users/Toms/DIR/minetest-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
I didnt understand the part when h said that i need compiler maybe sombody can help me with this.

And one quick question where i can rename the game title where it says Minetest and fps?Cuz i want my own name there.
No, you can't put your own name at the top, unless you want to do some code editing. (which I don't know how to do)
Last edited by Evergreen on Wed Dec 25, 2013 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!

DreamHacker

by DreamHacker » Post

Actualy i want to do some coding thats why i am asking in which file do i need to edit that.But for now i want to know ho do i compile all this.

EDIT: I found where to change game title but i still need to compile al that.so i am downloading cygwin compilator i hope it will work.
Last edited by DreamHacker on Wed Dec 25, 2013 15:33, edited 1 time in total.