"Prevent placing node when player would be inside new node"

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Casimir wrote:That is what makes it feel so incomplete.
In an actual game you should not have to type any commands
Suddenly, Quake.
Casimir wrote: and things like "placing node when player would be inside new node" just should not be part of normal gameplay.
Suddenly, overbounces, strafe jumping, rocket jumping... in Quake too.

On topic: The node placement should only be disallowed for full, walkable, opaque nodes, not non-solid nodes or nodeboxes (even if walkable). If that's not possible (or maybe it makes the gameplay too complex), just let nodes be placed anywhere and add suffocation damage, as a penalty.
Last edited by Calinou on Sat Feb 08, 2014 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Casimir wrote: Yes, Minetest is the game where you type /time 6000 every ten minutes. That is what makes it feel so incomplete.
The time lapse speed can be set to 0. I have permanent day in my singleplayer worlds. And on some building servers, it's always day (or day is turned on when someone requires it).
Casimir wrote: In an actual game you should not have to type any commands, and things like "placing node when player would be inside new node" just should not be part of normal gameplay.
It depends on the game you play. If you're building something, advanced commands like WorldEdit are extremly useful. If you want to play PvP or RPG, they might be disruptive. But then, there are better worlds/games for first person shooter kind of games and the like. This one's about building nice structures. Everything else...is a nice addition.
A list of my mods can be found here.

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

The logic is more important! (would not change the game much, but would be nice)
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

Pitriss
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Post

brunob.santos wrote:The logic is more important! (would not change the game much, but would be nice)
I must disagree. Gameplay is more important than logic in game..
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (A. Savage, Mythbusters)
I'm not modding and/or playing minetest anymore. All my mods were released under WTFPL. You can fix/modify them yourself. Don't ask me for support. Thanks.