debug.txt v 0.3.1

elemashine

debug.txt v 0.3.1

by elemashine » Post

sometimes I saw random lags in minetest.ru server with stable version. One time map loads just 32x32x32 nodes and freezed, but other players moved normally and I can move with FREE_MOVE, but there is just small 32 loaded nodes cube. Then I run 0.4 client and voila! all nodes loaded normally. My debug.txt == just 8,9 MB. Then I delete this file (sorry for that) and all seems to be worked. Then I `cat` to this file kernel sources 10 times, but all works fine and I clear the file. End of report

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

I don't get your Problem
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

sfan5 wrote:I don't get your Problem
You too? lol I've just re-read his post twice trying to figure out whats being reported...

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

I have the dreaded "I can't move." its mainly caused by lag.
the debug when it reaches 9-10 mb, mtest enters retard mode until the debug is deleted.

elemashine

by elemashine » Post

dannydark wrote:
sfan5 wrote:I don't get your Problem
You too? lol I've just re-read his post twice trying to figure out whats being reported...
I said that bug starts randomly and I delete debug.txt, so IDK what I made for this problem. What are you trying to do for re-make this error?

RabbiBob

by RabbiBob » Post

Had relatively the same issue in the minetest-0.4.dev-20120106 build where map draw times were extremely slow. I shutdown the mt server a couple of times, rebooted the linux box itself without luck. Deleted debug.txt and it's running smooth. Debating on working in a rename function for debug.txt into a backup cron job (which would match the backup and the debut.txt file together) as a housecleaning measure.