pwdhash in auth.sqlite

For people working on the C++ code.
kai
IRC: kaikai

pwdhash in auth.sqlite

by kai » Post

Hello,

I'm having some trouble recognizing the password hashing method.
How is the password hash created in auth.sqlite?
I understand only:
'# 1 #' + base64 (name + password) + '#' + base64 (sha256 (base64 (name + password) + base64 (password))
but this didn't work for me :-(

I'd like to authorize my chat system through the auth.sqlite of minetest, as there are only minetest players from my server...

thanx in advance

k@i

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: pwdhash in auth.sqlite

by sofar » Post

The authentication method used is SRP. This makes the hash somewhat non-standard. You'll need to both understand SRP as a mechanism as well as read the code to understand how the hashes are created.

What do you mean by :
I'd like to authorize my chat system through the auth.sqlite of minetest, as there are only minetest players from my server...

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

You could pipe all chat system inputs and outputs either through
* two files (in and out), on a ramdisk if you want
* a web socket. Server mod is the server, your chat backend the client connecting to it
* a method which can be found on your preferred search engine

The base64&sha method you're talking about is legacy code and only kept for backwards compatibility. As sofar mentioned, you'd need to study how SRP works in order to attempt re-creating a hash value. It's better to let Minetest calculate the hash for you (password comparison API).
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

kai
IRC: kaikai

by kai » Post

Thanks for the answers - faster then i had hoped =)
Krock wrote: you'd need to study how SRP works in order to attempt re-creating a hash value. It's better to let Minetest calculate the hash for you (password comparison API).
Thank for this hint. I just programmed an SRP prototype (and it didnt work).
The API is for LUA, right? Is there an API for other languages (JS,Python,C) as well?

Thanx