Ingame Mod Manager

For people working on the C++ code.
lesliev

by lesliev » Post

Wow, this is a cool idea. Some comments:
1. I could possibly host a mod repo, while traffic is not too heavy. FTP is fine.
2. Mod authors need to think about and write 'clean-up' code to remove their entities when they are uninstalled. This could be encouraged by the mod installer system. Init code too. mauvebic mentions this above.
3. Groups of mods make a modpack!

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

Dannydark, it is just too much work I think to install the lua binaries. I guess it's better to compile them with minetest, it shouldn't take too long. How did it go, adding them to mtest?
Redstone for minetest: Mesecons (mesecons.net)

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

Hi Jeija,

Sorry I've been bogged down with work recently, I got most of it added to minetest just got a few tweaks to do and will submit to github, Hopefully I will get time to do it tonight or the weekend at the latest.

Also luazip has a dependency of zziplib, The problem with this is that zziplib doesn't come with a pre-compiled lib like most lib sources, which means before you can compile luazip on windows you will need to compile zziplib which depends on some windows sdks. This isn't really a problem as they are easily available but it will mean people will have that extra step to do before compiling.

I could setup a new repository on github for zziplib with a pre-compiled library I guess? that would mean anyone compiling this could just grab the zziplib source from github and wouldn't need to compile it.
lesliev wrote:Wow, this is a cool idea. Some comments:
1. I could possibly host a mod repo, while traffic is not too heavy. FTP is fine.
2. Mod authors need to think about and write 'clean-up' code to remove their entities when they are uninstalled. This could be encouraged by the mod installer system. Init code too. mauvebic mentions this above.
3. Groups of mods make a modpack!
@lesliev regarding #2 it would be a nice idea, there is currently a pull request on github that allows digging of unknown nodes which means at least we can remove stuff left over from mods for the time being until mod developers add clean-up scripts to there mods ^_^
Last edited by dannydark on Thu Aug 02, 2012 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I came up with an idea like this, but i didnt have time to make it before you did...
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

TheLoLMan

by TheLoLMan » Post

NICE

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I am making a mod database, can I/You incorporate it in to your design.
(you may use it on your website, when it is finished)

http://www.tinyurl.com/mtmdfrm

What i am asking is, how does the mod lookup work, so i can program it in to my mod database.

Interface for ingame version
?

Interface for python version:

(http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=618)

You can interface with my database using:

(pkg-#) mm/getmodbyname.php: http://multa.bugs3.com/minetest/forum/m ... d=mesecons

(pkg-#) mm/getmodbyid.php: http://multa.bugs3.com/minetest/forum/m ... d.php?id=2

(PackageList) mm/getmods.php: http://multa.bugs3.com/minetest/forum/mm/getmods.php
Last edited by rubenwardy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

Hello profile reader

xyz

by xyz » Post

rubenwardy, there is (at least) one sql-inj. You should better either not use php or replace all mysql_escape_string with mysql_real_escape_string and make sure all int values are ints, all strings come in quotes (in queries).

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

xyz wrote:rubenwardy, there is (at least) one sql-inj. You should better either not use php or replace all mysql_escape_string with mysql_real_escape_string and make sure all int values are ints, all strings come in quotes (in queries).
Thank you, I forgot about that. You can be my ethical hacker. lol
Last edited by rubenwardy on Fri Aug 24, 2012 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

Hello profile reader

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Jeija, is the ModManager gui disablable?

If not, you should make it so, so that you can pull a disable version to the main build, and when players install this mod, it is activated

Hello profile reader

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

Has this been abandoned or is it still being developed?
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Post

Wow, this looks really neat and convenient!

Haven't tried to compile and run, but even if its abandoned the source code is still there, so not all is lost...

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

I had to pause it because noone was able to port it to windows which meant that there was no chance to get it merged.
I will continue development as soon as a windows developer ports it.

Mgdie

by Mgdie » Post

respect

issa

by issa » Post

hello, and if u don't have all stuff to compil, how get the executable files please ?

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

Not for windows, noone ported it. This thing is dead anyway.

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

issa wrote:hello, and if u don't have all stuff to compil, how get the executable files please ?
See this:
Jeija wrote:I had to pause it because noone was able to port it to windows which meant that there was no chance to get it merged.
Also, there's a mod manager in the latest version, although it is a bit different: it allows enabling or disabling mods per-world, but doesn't allow downloading mods from there.
Last edited by Calinou on Tue Apr 09, 2013 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

keyxmakerx

by keyxmakerx » Post

Calinou wrote:
issa wrote:hello, and if u don't have all stuff to compil, how get the executable files please ?
See this:
Jeija wrote:I had to pause it because noone was able to port it to windows which meant that there was no chance to get it merged.
Also, there's a mod manager in the latest version, although it is a bit different: it allows enabling or disabling mods per-world, but doesn't allow downloading mods from there.
I too wish to see this feature implemented. Unfortunately I'm still new with compiling and know nill about windows, but as a linux server admin this feature could save me a lot of time then sudo ssh and Wat not. Plz dnt give up? Thanks! ^^

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

This is very out of date.

There is already a mod manager in the default game.

It does not download mods yet, but that will be added when a good online database is ready.
Last edited by rubenwardy on Fri May 17, 2013 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

Hello profile reader

sigz

Re:

by sigz » Post

rubenwardy wrote: It does not download mods yet, but that will be added when a good online database is ready.
Why not just rely on minetest-mods github organization? Could be a pretty nice base.

Byakuren
GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri
In-game: Raymoo + Clownpiece

Re: Re:

by Byakuren » Post

sigz wrote:
rubenwardy wrote: It does not download mods yet, but that will be added when a good online database is ready.
Why not just rely on minetest-mods github organization? Could be a pretty nice base.
If you check the post dates the posts in this thread were made before minetest-mods existed.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.