@Mainmenu issues audit

For people working on the C++ code.
Zughy
GitHub: belongs_to_microsoft
In-game: Zughy

@Mainmenu issues audit

by Zughy » Post

As I'd like to work on the main menu, I wanted to do my homework first. I went through all the @Mainmenu issues with no milestone nor PR attached, and the following audit is what I came up with. Also, this is just my vision, feel free to express your doubts.

To close
  • 6518 - The Menu Overlay Image Should be everywhere: games backgrounds, headers and such are not kept between different tabs, the overlay shouldn't be an exception. On the contrary, the default menu overlay is kept between tabs already (when it exists) Done
  • 8254 - Background/Game title doesn't change when changing what world you create: worlds should be game specific. Check my comment to understand what I mean
  • 8669 - Modernization of the Multiplayer tab: this is already included in 6773 and it looks more like a PR Done

Wrongly labelled
  • 4477 - Dragging will change formspec list selection when it shouldn': this is about formspecs in general
  • 6521 - GUIs do not scale properly with custom screen DPI settings: graphics in general. There is also no reference to the main menu
  • 7097 - Spikes on rotating inventory textures with enabled mipmapping: same
  • 7843 - Capslock Notice: formspecs in general, more precisely pwdfield
  • 8138 -Separate register and login: it's missing the @Mainmenu label
  • 10273 - "Browse online content" should be renamed to something more obvious: this one is missing the @Mainmenu label
  • 10961 - password complexity: this isn't really about the main menu, this is more like Authentication

To not consider because of rework
  • [2262 - Subgame banner is hidden for 16:9 resolutions: I'm aiming to show the same menu both for PC and mobile, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore
  • 7145 - Mainmenu: The current server isn't selected: I was planning to add a landing page, meaning it won't be possible to open MT directly on the multiplayer section

Beginner friendly
Things to take in consideration
Things to definitely implement someday
???
Last edited by Zughy on Sat Apr 30, 2022 14:36, edited 14 times in total.

goats

Re: @Mainmenu issues audit

by goats » Post

8367 - Unimportant settings in the main menu: move 3D clouds to advanced settings. There is uncertainty about opaque water and waving water. Core devs feed please
Have to dig through Advanced Settings trees to adjust obvious items (and resource hogs)? Hard pass.
9932 -Ability to nickname favourite unlisted servers: show server_name of hidden servers
10395 - Add Server List Manage buttons for favorite: why not
Not un-favorite-ing servers because reasons would be super nice. My books (or browsers) don't kick out bookmarks like they failed to pay rent.

Zughy
GitHub: belongs_to_microsoft
In-game: Zughy

Re: @Mainmenu issues audit

by Zughy » Post

Audit updated