Android port efforts

For people working on the C++ code.
sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

stu wrote:regarding GETTEXT, I am not sure that is even possible?
Why wouldn't gettext support be possible?
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

MoNTE48
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Guys. More like this: I have collected apk, enjoyed. Then did update (texture, fashion, etc.) install. But folder minetest not refreshed! Need to implement checks. By file size, file, or create ver.txt. Then compare the number, and if version apk higher than on the phone - update "
MultiCraft Open Sourсe – https://github.com/MultiCraft

stu
GitHub: stujones11

by stu » Post

sfan5 wrote:
I dunno but this was the first result I got with google: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... 9ASoEfsI5I
Is it possible?
Martin_Devil wrote:Guys. More like this: I have collected apk, enjoyed. Then did update (texture, fashion, etc.) install. But folder minetest not refreshed! Need to implement checks. By file size, file, or create ver.txt. Then compare the number, and if version apk higher than on the phone - update "
Yes, I agree that something like that is needed in future but for now it is easiest to just delete your current minetest directory and let the apk rebuild it.
Sokomine wrote:A new binary would be great! Compiling for Android isn't that easy...
I have kept the binary reasonably up-to-date with the repo, perhaps you are not seeing the new images for the reasons mentioned above.

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

stu wrote:
sfan5 wrote:
I dunno but this was the first result I got with google: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... 9ASoEfsI5I
Is it possible?
You just need to build gettext for android and pass it to CMake.
There is no need to google anything.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

stu wrote: I have kept the binary reasonably up-to-date with the repo, perhaps you are not seeing the new images for the reasons mentioned above.
Maybe I'm blind :-) I can't find the binary. Can you give me a link?
A list of my mods can be found here.

stu

by stu » Post

sfan5 wrote:
stu wrote:
sfan5 wrote: Why wouldn't gettext support be possible?
Is it possible?
You just need to build gettext for android and pass it to CMake.
There is no need to google anything.
I usually google for things I am unsure of, I have never even used GETTEXT for a pc build, translation not being something I have ever required.
I will try as you suggest, thanks.
Sokomine wrote:
stu wrote: I have kept the binary reasonably up-to-date with the repo, perhaps you are not seeing the new images for the reasons mentioned above.
Maybe I'm blind :-) I can't find the binary. Can you give me a link?
debug.apk I've also put a link in the top post for future reference ;-)
Last edited by stu on Wed Feb 26, 2014 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Thank you :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Stu, is it possible for the chat text to not cover the chatbox, as the keyboard does not appear automatically. Because of this, when there is frequent chat, it is literally impossible to talk.

Second note, my tablet gets! 25+ fps. With ALL the settings.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19056 Solar Plains Dev Server

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

New build don't work on my phone, Android 4.0.4. Problem in libs!

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Martin_Devil wrote:New build don't work on my phone, Android 4.0.4. Problem in libs!
UM, my tablet runs 4.0.4, you sure there's something wrong?

stu

by stu » Post

Jordach wrote:Stu, is it possible for the chat text to not cover the chatbox, as the keyboard does not appear automatically. Because of this, when there is frequent chat, it is literally impossible to talk.
I have reduced the size and moved it sown slightly, see if that is any better for you.
It seems ok on my tablet but it may not be enough for some wider aspect screens.
Martin_Devil wrote:New build don't work on my phone, Android 4.0.4. Problem in libs!
I have not changed any libs but there _may_ have been some leftover remains of my attempted cURL build
The latest build should definitely be clean.
Last edited by stu on Thu Feb 27, 2014 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

App forcecloses when exiting to menu from multiplayer.

I can actually chat when playing the game now, esp. on busy servers. But with debug up, it's still not possible to.

However, this is a very fluid experience on my end, you've earned my seal of approval.

I've also discovered that when a keyboard / mouse (or both are in use,) minetest acts like it is on a normal pc.

stu

by stu » Post

Jordach wrote:App forcecloses when exiting to menu from multiplayer.

I can actually chat when playing the game now, esp. on busy servers. But with debug up, it's still not possible to.

However, this is a very fluid experience on my end, you've earned my seal of approval..
Thanks Jordach, I am finding it quite playable now too, though I am aware of the exit game crash, I'm just not getting enough debug info to trace it atm.
I've mostly been concentrating on perfecting the touchscreen gui for a more intuitive experience.
This is a very subjective thing, so it is good to know that other people like it too.
Jordach wrote:I've also discovered that when a keyboard / mouse (or both are in use,) minetest acts like it is on a normal pc.
Also good to know, though I guess there is no reason why it would not, I had not tried that.

spillz

by spillz » Post

Re playable, how do you guys do a moving jump? Thumb mash or awkwardly move your other hand across? Would like to have auto jump or option to move jump button to right side of screen.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Agreed. Very inconvenient to go and jump at the same time! Just do not pull out.

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

It would be good to be able to lock jump and sneak.

stu

by stu » Post

spillz wrote:Re playable, how do you guys do a moving jump? Thumb mash or awkwardly move your other hand across? Would like to have auto jump or option to move jump button to right side of screen.
Martin_Devil wrote:Agreed. Very inconvenient to go and jump at the same time! Just do not pull out.
I see that freeminer has added an auto-jump feature and enabled it by default for android. This is one possible solution, however, I really don't have a problem with jumping, just slide your thumb (or whatever digit you use) between the jump key and forward.
Casimir wrote:It would be good to be able to lock jump and sneak.
Sneak lock is not possible for pc version but something I would also like to have on all platforms.

btw, the apk has been updated, featuring what is 'hopefully' better control pad scaling for higher dpi screens.
I would be interested to see the results as I can only test a very limited range myself.

Note that since this update includes new images, you will need to update your current /sdcard/minetest directory by either
removing it (allowing the app to rebuild it) or making the necessary changes manually, through adb or the device itself.
Last edited by stu on Sun Mar 02, 2014 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

On Galaxy S3 very large control buttons! Almost 1/3 of the screen! As often when the screen is rotated block is placed itself is a bad idea. It would be better to break the block long touch.

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

:( someone forked this and put it on the play store it is called lime minetest and did not post the source code

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

stormchaser3000 wrote::( someone forked this and put it on the play store it is called lime minetest and did not post the source code
off to the google play store copyright infringment page we go!

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

stormchaser3000 wrote::( someone forked this and put it on the play store it is called lime minetest and did not post the source code
Post your bad reviews here https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.Minetest :D
Please, do not put low evaluation, and write to us at montelime@gmail.com, together we will solve the problem and do Minetest even better!
And shout at them here!

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

I apologize! This small misunderstanding! We with the colleague wanted to post the source code, my fault: I was a description and not Copesul it. He thought that I finished and posted it. Sincerely apologise to correct that!

MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

Description changed. Wait for the upgrade market. I should clarify that we are not planning to make a game of the subject of earnings, to put ads or remove some functions making them pay. We promote the game.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Stu good job. This works great on my Nexus 7. Keep up the good work.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

stu

by stu » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Stu good job. This works great on my Nexus 7. Keep up the good work.
Thanks jojoa, but you should be mostly thanking xyz for this version. I believe sapier is working on a more 'official' version
but I don't like what he is doing to the gui atm, we'll see how it goes.

For now I'm happy playing my own hack which has just recently been updated btw ;-)

Martin_Devil: What part of this did you not understand?
stu wrote:for testing purposes only/ Do not try to run this on anything you are not prepared to break!
Last edited by stu on Sat Mar 08, 2014 01:32, edited 1 time in total.