37%

Total votes: 30

Imk
In-game: Imk

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.12)

by Imk » Post

runs wrote:
Imk wrote:
- When in werewolf form only you will be able to feed on raw meat. ('hbhunger' support / with 'ng_hunger' does not work)
we've got a hbhunger and the apples aren't working, eating quietly.
I use hbhunger too.

Yes, you can eat them, but the health does not recover, check it. Note that with hbhunger the health increases over time, even if you do not eat.
https://youtu.be/b0IihP13sHk

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.16)

by runs » Post

v7.17
Fix: Werewolves only can eat raw meat.
Fix: hbhunger support for werewolves behaviour.

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.17)

by runs » Post

How antz walk

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.17)

by runs » Post

- Now you can mute your tamed petz.

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.18)

by runs » Post

v7.19
- Fix old regression: Chicken too small.

Bastrabun

by Bastrabun » Post

More things :)

- the hitbox for some petz doesn't turn with the animal. That looks odd when the visual faces east while the hitbox faces north.
- I cannot click a saddled pony and see his stats. Whenever I rightclick, I mount it instead of bringing up the dialog. I also tried shift+rightclick. Is there a trick?
- Same goes for saddlebags: How do I apply them? And how do I access them?
- Is there a way to find a pet that has gone astray? One of my cats frequently sneaks out of the castle and has to be chased down in the countryside.
- I can hit my own pony while mounted. That makes horseback combat difficult. Asking, because in my game I'd like to have jousting, two mounted players going at each other with lances.
- Also there's no way to damage a mounted player without killing his horse before, right?
- Not every time, but occasionally player's visual gets a little larger than average when they mount a pony ...
- I assume it's a feature that you cannot summon your petz in a protected area, right?

:)
Attachments
petz07.jpg
petz07.jpg (677.55 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Whatever I say is CC0

runs

by runs » Post

- the hitbox for some petz doesn't turn with the animal. That looks odd when the visual faces east while the hitbox faces north.
This is how Minetest treats hitboxes.
- I cannot click a saddled pony and see his stats. Whenever I rightclick, I mount it instead of bringing up the dialog. I also tried shift+rightclick. Is there a trick?
No, you have to quit it before with the shears.
In the last v7.19 you can use the Sneak Key + Right-Click
- Same goes for saddlebags: How do I apply them? And how do I access them?
Only for camels, not ponies. Right-clicking. In the form will appear a sadlebag icon.
- Is there a way to find a pet that has gone astray? One of my cats frequently sneaks out of the castle and has to be chased down in the countryside.
The whistle. But only for petz in the area (80 nodes I believe). In the to-do list I have to recover petz from long distances.

To a kitty "tied" to a site, put a pet bowl close it.
- I can hit my own pony while mounted. That makes horseback combat difficult. Asking, because in my game I'd like to have jousting, two mounted players going at each other with lances.
Solved in v7.20.
- Also there's no way to damage a mounted player without killing his horse before, right?
It is intented, cos this caused crashes in the past. I always wanted to put an option to implement that behaviour as optional. I will do if you check it.
- Not every time, but occasionally player's visual gets a little larger than average when they mount a pony ...
Check the last v7.21

Code: Select all

- I assume it's a feature that you cannot summon your petz in a protected area, right?
No, you can. Protection is usually for nodes. Why will be the reason for that behaviour?

Thanx for your review.
Last edited by runs on Wed Feb 12, 2020 21:31, edited 3 times in total.

Imk
In-game: Imk

by Imk » Post

MOD Petz, Pony

Last edited by Imk on Fri Feb 14, 2020 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

v7.19
Tarantulas
- Monster.
- It throws cobwebs when is attacked. These cobwebs decay after time to avoid a cobweb plague in the maps. But you can pick them, then they will be converted into permanent ones if you put them on the world.
- It drops strings and spider eyes.
- You can craft cobwebs with strings and put them in the world. Player cobwebs are permanent.

Improvement:
- You can access to a saddled pony or camel formwith Sneak Key + Right-Click.
Last edited by runs on Wed Feb 12, 2020 21:13, edited 4 times in total.

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.19)

by runs » Post

v7.20
- Improvement: You cannot punch on pony or camel when you mount it to avoid punch it accidentally on combat.

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.20)

by runs » Post

v7.21
- Fix: Tweak the mount code to avoid giant drivers ???

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.21)

by runs » Post

v7.22
- Fix: Tarantulas only spawn in jungles cos they are tropical animals.

Adnunano

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.22)

by Adnunano » Post

Is it possible to add aocial intreactions between animals?For example wolves hunting in groups.And calfs and lamps becoming together to build a herd.And a bull would be nice too protect their herd.You check out survivalcraft 2 game for inspiration.It has a lot of good mob interaction.
NfAPhpmGaVphBjK8NIr9Mit5xNW2emD2

runs

by runs » Post

v7.23
- Now both mounted player and pony/camel can get damage. Added 'pointable_driver = true' to petz.conf.
This feature needs some test

Bastrabun

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.23)

by Bastrabun » Post

You're too quick for me to keep up :D

Any specifics that you want tested regarding the mounted combat? And anything else that needs more tests?

I'm going to use petz, aerotest and water_life on my server, so I have a certain interest in those ;)
Whatever I say is CC0

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Adnunano wrote:Is it possible to add aocial intreactions between animals?For example wolves hunting in groups.And calfs and lamps becoming together to build a herd.And a bull would be nice too protect their herd.You check out survivalcraft 2 game for inspiration.It has a lot of good mob interaction.
If you pay me only the half of what microsoft earns with that a month, I'll do it XD
Otherwise you will need a lot of patience. :) Most people here modding in their spare time for fun and for free.

Adnunano

by Adnunano » Post

Gundul wrote:
Adnunano wrote:Is it possible to add aocial intreactions between animals?For example wolves hunting in groups.And calfs and lamps becoming together to build a herd.And a bull would be nice too protect their herd.You check out survivalcraft 2 game for inspiration.It has a lot of good mob interaction.
If you pay me only the half of what microsoft earns with that a month, I'll do it XD
Otherwise you will need a lot of patience. :) Most people here modding in their spare time for fun and for free.
No need to rush the mods up.But,in future it can happen i suppose.Btw i downloaded all of your mods.It really made minetest more enjoyable than minecraft and survivalcraft.Now i really wonder that what are you capable of if you were paid for it.
NfAPhpmGaVphBjK8NIr9Mit5xNW2emD2

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.23)

by runs » Post

v7.24
- The mount engine redone and recoded. Now is a pure mobkit HQ funtion.
- "Auto-drive": When mounting a horse/camel keep (long) "Forward" + "Special Key" to get a ride. To stop push the Special Key again.
- Pointable_driver reverted to false: Sorry, rare random crashes, not in the server nor in the game, but when you quit back to the main menu (LOL). So there is an engine bug I cannot solve. If anyone wants this feature, should put 'pointable_driver = true' in the 'petz.conf' file.
Last edited by runs on Thu Feb 13, 2020 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

Right now wolves attack a player in pack if a member is attacked.

With the mobkit API is possible. It is my to-do list, as a choice in order do not impact too much in performance. Minecraft lacks too on groupal behaviour indeed.

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.24)

by runs » Post

v7.25
- Now ponies can gallop (sprint): Forward + Sneak Key. The gallop depends on the "accel" property of the pony. Gallop only for 20 seconds, recover time to the next gallop = 1 min. Configurable via petz.conf: 'gallop_time' and 'gallop_recover_time'
- Key for "Auto-drive" changed to Aux1 (Special).

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.25)

by runs » Post

v7.26
- Fixed jumping on mounted ponies.
- More skins, sounds and animations for the ponies.

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.26)

by runs » Post

v7.27
- Fixed rare behaviours when quit to main menu or player abandon and the driver was mounting. 'pointable_driver' set back to true by default = damage too to the driver when mounted.
Last edited by runs on Fri Feb 14, 2020 13:01, edited 1 time in total.

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.27)

by runs » Post

Well I think that the mount engine for mobkit now is fixed and accurate.

Now I will do the pony armor and maybe a Pegasus :-)

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.27)

by runs » Post

v7.28
- Fix: Aquatic mobs only can spawn in deep, not in shallow.

runs

Re: [MOD] Petz (petz) (v7.28)

by runs » Post

v7.29
- Now by using a Dreamcatcher (left-click) you get a list your petz (only those named and with a dreamcatcher) and its pos. You cannot call them with this method, but you could get the pos for remote petz so you can travel to catch them at least. Closest petz can be called by the whistle as always. Warning: This dreamcatcher method is not permanent, if the game/server restarts the far away petz will be lost, so search for them in your current session. The last hope would be the area where the pet remains were loaded again, so the dreamcatcher will show your pet again.