[Mod] Natural slopes [naturalslopeslib]

Mantar

Re: [Mod] Natural slopes [naturalslopeslib]

by Mantar » Post

Hey I've got an odd texture thing happening in Exile, some of the nodes' side textures are correct, and others just seem to stretch the top of the texture downwards:
screenshot_20210219_001435.jpg
(503.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Any ideas on what's going on?

karamel

by karamel » Post

The buggy stretchy node is something I've already seen when tileable_vertical is false for that texture. Removing it by redefining the textures when registering the slope may do the trick. But it should make all the nodes buggy, not just some… Any idea what could differ between the pointed buggy straight slope and the good one nearby? They seem to be the same node type, have the same param2…

I also notice that the three kind of slopes have this issue (the inner and outer corners are also affected), so I'm a bit more confident about the texture definition, but the good one really bugs me…

Can you provide me your mod so I can take a look at it? (if you have a repository, a link to an archive, send by email that I can send by PM or whatever)

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

I've got no clue what difference there could be. Here's the repo: https://github.com/jeremyshannon/Exile/tree/Development

karamel

by karamel » Post

As I suspected, removing tileable_vertical = false fixed the textures. For a quickfix I just removed it from nodes_nature/sediment.lua, line 334.

I discovered that without the fix it was still rendering well for nodes which position.y is a multiple of 16, probably something about aligning textures along mapblocks. I don't really understand what tileable_vertical is about, but it seems to have been deprecated in Minetest 5.4 anyway.

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Multiple of 16, eh? Must be engine weirdness.
tileable_vertical
Thanks, that's all I needed to fix it!

karamel

by karamel » Post

Version 1.2

What's new?
  • Colored nodes can have their slopes. But the full palette cannot be applied as colorfacedir nodes can have only 8 colors instead of 256.
  • All change types (stomp, dig/place, time, map generation) have their global factor defined in settingstype, not just only on generation.
  • Tired of managing dependencies? Just call naturalslopeslib.propagate_overrides() somewhere in your code and any modification applied to a node after the slopes are defined will be propagated to the slopes too (not applied by default for backward compatibility). You then just need to add the dependency for the original node definition and what happens after is no longer a problem.
  • And a few bugfixes, not a big deal...