[Mod] doxy’s Minitram [doxy_mini_tram]

doxygen_spammer
GitHub: doxygen-spammer

[Mod] doxy’s Minitram [doxy_mini_tram]

by doxygen_spammer » Post

This mod adds a train model with panorama windows to advtrains.
This is useful for scenic railways, because the existing train models block most of the view.

Included liveries:

Panorama view from inside:

The Konstal 105N series tram is ubiquitous in eastern europe (>3000 units built.), and Minitram is a fictional company that adapts these trains to advtrains gauge.
The Minitram Konstal 105 model is based on a 1:1 scale model, with doors added to both sides, scaled down to fit on advtrains rails, and shortened to 8.8m.
I consider 8.8m the limit for train models, before they visually derail on every curve.

Features:
  • Animated doors
  • Huge windows
  • Dark interior (to minimize screen flicker for scenic railway purposes)
  • Paintable livery (like the JR E231, but multiple livery components and presets)
  • Line number signs (like the subway train, but with text markup support)
  • Crafting recipes
  • Included patch for advtrains, to fix the eye_offset problem (Minetest bug #10101)
  • Sounds not included, because of Minetest’s sound system issues. Volunteers?
  • wheel_positions support
More screenshots on ContentDB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/d ... mini_tram/
Also visible at source code hosting: https://invent.kde.org/davidhurka/doxy_mini_tram
Licenses: MIT for code, CC-BY-SA-4.0 for media. (Code with other licenses is marked accordingly.)
Last edited by doxygen_spammer on Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:17, edited 4 times in total.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: [Mod] doxy’s Minitram [doxy_mini_tram]

by Blockhead » Post

Great stuff! The tram collection grows to three.

Not being able to select the tram is actually because you haven't defined a collision box, so in turn the collision box is quite small and only occupies the floor. You should add a collision box to the definition - You can see the collision box if you set show_entity_selectionbox to true (this used to be the default). Note that the box doesn't rotate, and also if the driver attachment position is too far from the centre of a wagon it can lead to not being able to exit the train (at least not easily) - this happens with the TFL S7 stock trains.

Below is the collisionbox of the subway wagon for reference

Code: Select all

konstal_105_definition = {
    collisionbox = {-1.0, -0.5, -1.0, 1.0, 2.5, 1.0},
}
I would add the follows TODOs:
  • Sound! Bell, door sound, motor sounds, stopping sound. I think Smacker took the E231 sounds from various YouTube sources (this may be copywrong but anyway..). Lack of original tram sounds is one thing that dissapointed me about some more trains tram.
  • Instead of Two-Way Version, say bidirectional (opposite unidirectional). I think this is more fluent.
  • Inventory icon - I might get this to you soon actually.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

doxygen_spammer

Blockhead wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 13:57
Hmm, I could not find these. Why not put them on ContentDB?
Not being able to select the tram is actually because you haven't defined a collision box, so in turn the collision box is quite small and only occupies the floor.
That is one issue, and I interpreted documentation that the default collision box is fine. I will fix that.
and also if the driver attachment position is too far from the centre of a wagon it can lead to not being able to exit the train (at least not easily) - this happens with the TFL S7 stock trains.
That is the main issue. If I set the eye_offset to the attach_offset, my eyes fly around somewhere in the aether, and totally not in the train. So I can “enter” the train, but are not actually in it, do not see it anymore, and are in turn not able to “exit” it.
  • Sound! Bell, door sound, motor sounds, stopping sound. I think Smacker took the E231 sounds from various YouTube sources (this may be copywrong but anyway..). Lack of original tram sounds is one thing that dissapointed me about some more trains tram.
Sounds should be easy to find for this train (there are a lot of videos showing just the doors), but after listening to the sound of Minetest for the first time, I instantly decided to abandon this. :(
I am planning to make an icon together with the Minitram logo. :)

Astrobe

by Astrobe » Post

For assets, maybe look into OpenBVE's ecosystem, if you don't know it already. There's also its "father" BVE, but it might be difficult to figure out under which license they are.

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

please submit this for review on cdb if your ready for it to be approved. else the link is worthless
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

wsor4035

by wsor4035 » Post

additionally why is this in a modpack? it makes no logical sense as well as it has a LICENSES folder in it which minetest treats as another mod

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

doxygen_spammer wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 15:05
Blockhead wrote:
Hmm, I could not find these. Why not put them on ContentDB?
Original authors need to be the one to put a mod on ContentDB unless it's a serious fork. This is for instance why moretrains took so long to appear on ContentDB - we had to wait until rubberduck wasn't coming back and merging his PRs before we could seriously declare a fork.
Blockhead wrote:
Not being able to select the tram is actually because you haven't defined a collision box, so in turn the collision box is quite small and only occupies the floor.
That is one issue, and I interpreted documentation that the default collision box is fine. I will fix that.
Blockhead wrote:
and also if the driver attachment position is too far from the centre of a wagon it can lead to not being able to exit the train (at least not easily) - this happens with the TFL S7 stock trains.
That is the main issue. If I set the eye_offset to the attach_offset, my eyes fly around somewhere in the aether, and totally not in the train. So I can “enter” the train, but are not actually in it, do not see it anymore, and are in turn not able to “exit” it.
doxygen_spammer wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 15:05
Blockhead wrote:
Sounds should be easy to find for this train (there are a lot of videos showing just the doors), but after listening to the sound of Minetest for the first time, I instantly decided to abandon this. :(
What?? I know the subway wagons are chronically loud (which your tram doesn't have to be, you can have the sounds play at a lower volume), and that it's complicated to write the sound code properly unless you copy+paste the subway wagon code (a good example of custom code is the linetrack boat btw), but to totally rule it out? Also if you don't use sound, why should you care that much? I would gladly contribute the sounds but first.. elucidate why you dislike it so much?
Blockhead wrote:
I am planning to make an icon together with the Minitram logo. :)
[/quote]
wsor4035 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 21:50
additionally why is this in a modpack? it makes no logical sense as well as it has a LICENSES folder in it which minetest treats as another mod
First, I assume it's a modpack because doxy might add more minitrams to the pack.

Secondly, modpacks with directories that aren't mods is a great advtrains tradition :P. The git version of advtrains has assets as well. At this point I almost think it might be worth putting a list of directories to ignore as mods inside the modpack.conf, just for those modpacks that ship with other related files that aren't mods. Maybe, or maybe people should just put those files in other repositories? Not sure that's right either.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

wsor4035

by wsor4035 » Post

anyone who uses worldmods extremely dislikes you putting dirs that arent mods in your modpack, unless you use the common work around of including a blank init.lua file

wsor4035

by wsor4035 » Post

it seems the advtrains asset dir uses a empty init.lua file workaround. the mod should consider doing the same workaround if it wants to keep the current file structure

doxygen_spammer

Blockhead wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 01:49
wsor4035 wrote:
First, I assume it's a modpack because doxy might add more minitrams to the pack.
Correct, I am planning to add more mods in the modpack. I want to keep the existing mod minimal, and other mods add crafting recipes (with complicated dependencies) and liveries (with fragile code using unofficial advtrains API).

I think I could even make a second model of this, with just two axles and the middle three sections removed. 2 x Konstal 52.5 = Konstal 105. ;)
wsor4035 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 06:08
anyone who uses worldmods extremely dislikes you putting dirs that arent mods in your modpack, unless you use the common work around of including a blank init.lua file
A blank init.lua is not an option, because it is disallowed by the REUSE specification (as well as any other modification to LICENSES/).
The releases on ContentDB ship without LICENSES/ and assets/. That is done by .gitattributes, git-archive-all can handle that now. Just ContentDB still ignores .gitattributes, so I need to upload releases manually.

I will add a description for git-archive in README.md.

Another option is to ignore REUSE compliance, but I do not consider that a good option.
Blockhead wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 01:49
At this point I almost think it might be worth putting a list of directories to ignore as mods inside the modpack.conf, just for those modpacks that ship with other related files that aren't mods.
Totally agree.

I think .cbd.json should also be merged into modpack.conf. I do not see a reason to have duplicate information in these files, which both exist for the same purpose: Minetest mod metadata.

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

wsor4035 wrote:
Honestly, please stop distributing advtrains trains as modpacks. It seems like a weird custom that has taken hold in the modding community, and we're ending up with weird modpacks with trains that have nothing to do with each other.

doxygen_spammer

I have uploaded a new release 0.2.0 to ContentDB. Changes:
  • Paintable livery with 11 livery components (enable minitram_konstal_105_liveries mod), the Warszawa livery is now the default.
  • Crafting recipes with 7 intermediate craft items and support for items of 5+ other mods (enable minitram_crafting_recipes mod)
  • Tweaked collision/selection box
  • Enabled CI for reuse, luacheck, busted, including automatic tests for the livery code.
  • Adapted B3D model, so the livery occupies only one texture slot. This facilitates a future line number signs feature.
Additionally, I have submitted the package for review on ContentDB.

The line number signs feature will come later.

The multi_component_liveries mod will probably be released as independent mod later.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Beautiful mod!!! Thanks.....

How can I to change the tram color?

Thanks again!

doxygen_spammer

Codesound wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:28
Beautiful mod!!!
Thanks! :)
Do you have the bike mod installed too?
Then you need to enable minitram_konstal_105_liveries and use the Bike Painter tool on the tram.

The “multi_component” stuff is not relevant if you only want to change the base color.
Though, in the next release, all color sets visible in the first post will be included as “presets”.

doxygen_spammer

I have uploaded a new release 0.3.0 to ContentDB. Changes:
  • multi_component_liveries: Complex liveries can now be stored in “slots”, to copy them to other wagons. “Presets” can now be defined by the mod.
  • minitram_konstal_105_liveries: All 9 liveries from the screenshot at the top of the thread are now available as presets.
  • advtrains_attachment_offset_patch: To mitigate Minetest bug #10101, players are attached to dummy objects instead of directly to the wagon. This allows to look through the windows, and the player character is now rotated appropriately.
  • visual_line_number_displays: Allows to show actually readable displays on the outside of trains. Similar to the subway wagon, but displays can use text markup via “display string syntax”.
  • Tweaked B3D model, so there are no more rendering glitches in the ceiling and the train no longer collides with platform edges.
TODO:
  • Display string syntax is finished (but I am open to suggestions). The parser needs to be rewritten, because the current one is not maintainable.
  • Release multi_component_liveries, advtrains_attachment_offset_patch, and visual_line_number_displays as independent mods. The latter may be renamed to visual_destos or another shorter name.
  • Wait for ContentDB review. ;)

doxygen_spammer

I have uploaded a new release 0.4.0 to ContentDB. Changes:
  • minitram_konstal_105: Supports advtrains’ new wheel_positions feature.
  • visual_line_number_displays: Uses a new display string syntax, which is similar to MediaWiki templates. Instead of \/((/12)), which is difficult to parse, you now write {()|left_right|/|12}. The new syntax allows more complex macros too, so you could write {myCompany|{short|12}}.
TODO:
  • Release multi_component_liveries, advtrains_attachment_offset_patch, and visual_line_number_displays as independent mods. The latter may be renamed to visual_destos or another shorter name.

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

doxygen_spammer wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 16:17
Codesound wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:28
Beautiful mod!!!
Thanks! :)
Do you have the bike mod installed too?
Then you need to enable minitram_konstal_105_liveries and use the Bike Painter tool on the tram.

The “multi_component” stuff is not relevant if you only want to change the base color.
Though, in the next release, all color sets visible in the first post will be included as “presets”.
Thanks...... Great project......

doxygen_spammer

The mod advtrains_attachment_offset_patch has now been released as independent library mod, see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28254.
The next major release of doxy_mini_tram will not include this mod.

The same will soon happen with visual_line_number_signs (or visual_destos) and multi_component_liveries.

Singularis
GitHub: singularis-mzf

by Singularis » Post

I tried to examine the mod (current revision from git) and I like that each file has its license stated separatedly, but I did not found any file marked with a non-free license (LGPL-2.1 is a free license in my knowledge and even compatible with MIT), even assets like minitram_konstal_105/assets/konstal_105_assembled.blend have license identifier CC-BY-SA-4.0. Does the package really contain any non-free content? And if it does, in which files? It would be great if those files were only a small part of the modpack and could be replaced by something free.

doxygen_spammer

Yes, the attachment dummy was CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0, which I didn’t notice initially. I just got permission to relicense it.

Singularis
GitHub: singularis-mzf

by Singularis » Post

Thank you. I'm going to add czech localization to your mod. And I already found a typing error (bug) in the code: in minitram_crafting_recipes/init.lua in function choose() you index minetest.registered_items by names (which is a table, so it does not work) instead of name.

doxygen_spammer

Singularis wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 18:46
Thank you. I'm going to add czech localization to your mod.
Cool!
And I already found a typing error (bug) in the code: in minitram_crafting_recipes/init.lua in function choose() you index minetest.registered_items by names (which is a table, so it does not work) instead of name.
Thanks, fixed it.

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

Minitram Review by Blockhead

2022-06-23

Introduction

Doxydoxy's mini tram is a mod that adds a narrow-gauge compressed-down version
of the ubiquitous Polish tram the Konstal 105N as a wagon for AdvTrains. It is
feature-packed and technically good, if not 100% user friendly. This tram is
well overlooked and deserves a good review by now.

Installation

I installed through git by cloning from doxy's git hoster site "KDE Invent". I
can't speak for the ContentDB experience.

I installed the doxy_mini_tram and display attachment offset patch separately,
but then had to remove the attachment offset mods from the minitram mod
otherwise Minetest wouldn't load the world due to a mod name conflict.

I would like to see multi_component_liveries and visual_line_number_displays
moved into separate mods too just like the attachment offset mods. Perhaps
bundle them all into something like advtrains_lib_doxy or something. It's
encouraging to see what developments might make it into more advtrains wagon
mods thanks to the development of the tram. Some of it might make it into the
core.

Visuals

The overall effect just doesn't quite fit the usual block game aesthetic for me.
The thin strips of rubber around the windows and doors, the rounded edges and
thin strips around the driver's cabin all make the overall aesthetic sit more
into a 'realistic shapes' art style that isn't typical in Minetest.

That might all sound nitpicky but other train mods have usually fit into the
block game aesthetic better, while still managing to look quite good. For
instance, while I can appreciate the effort that went into make a physically
accurate pantograph, I can't help but feel like the JRE-E231 MoHa wagon had a
better looking pantograph for the block game aesthetic, even if its texture is a
bit too flat. Another example is the moretrains 'Old German Diesel' which has
windows that obey the normal pixel size and the curvature/angle of the window of
that locomotive is drawn into the texture instead of what appears as polygons in
the Minitram

The wheels approximately sit on the rails correctly, which is always a good
sign, however given the detail paid to the pantograph I would at least expect a
flange, but it seems the polygon budget went on the suspension of the bogie. The
way that the bogies and wheelset don't attract the eye but do look quite
accurate upon further inspection is quite good, similar to the real experience
of look at a tram's bogie - something only the enthusiasts will do.

The door animation is smooth and nice, and much better than having no animation
or no doors.

Crafting

I'm left wondering why are the minitram recipes a mod instead of a config option
to enable/disable them? Dependency 'clean'liness?

At a glance, there seems to be a reasonable balance of complexity and costs in
the recipes, without evaluating them in-depth. What can I say? I'm not an expert
at survival Minetest but I very much appreciate survival mode recipes even
though I usually play advtrains in more of a creative mode way.

The onboard experience

Another bug sadly detracts from the onboard experience, and I think this one is
pretty frustrating. I am using Minetst 5.5.1 in this review, and you literally
can't rotate the camera when the tram/train is in motion in singleplayer.
Attachment offset patch doesn't hinder or help. Obviously this is a Minetest
engine or advtrains bug, but I did have to mention it because looking around
seems to be an important part of what is billed as a tram for enjoying the
scenery.

Maybe the left and right seats are too far towards the window - the player model
head is actually slightly outside the body of the tram, as seen from viewing
from the side.

Painting

The painting bugs first:

A bike painter with no metadata (never used formspec) will crash the server if
you try to paint the tram with it. The same thing on a bike won't crash the
server, just generate warnings from the bike having a bad texture modifier.

Saving and loading liveries works just fine, but I would very much like to see
persistence added since making a livery is hard work. Now, you might have a
wagon with the livery you want to copy nearby every time you are painting
wagons, but then again you might not, so persistence is really quite a good
future goal.

Painting is done with the bike painter. Painting is unintuitive in many ways,
mostly due to poor UI rather than poor design I think. The bike painter is a
poor tool for the job, due in part to the facts that (1) the RGBA sliders move
in increments of 2 or 3 by default (2) not everybody knows how to perform
arithmetic in hexadecimal to set exact values, and those who do would still
rather not have to. (3) the alpha channel has no effect on the tram, it's just
there for the 'meta colours'.

I also really think the body of the tram visually lacks any texture at all,
which makes it less fun to paint. It's actually pretty fun if you do work it out
though - I managed to make an passable interpretation of Melbourne's PTV/Yarra
Trams Livery to make my Konstal look more like a Melbourne A-class, using this
livery:

(layer - component - component name = colour)
1. 1 Side walls = #ffffff
2. 3 Doors = #ffff00
3. 4 Lower skirt = #4d4b4b
4. 8 Window detail = #4ab909

Visual Line Numbers ('destos')

First the bugs again:

Negative line numbers generate errors (don't worry, advtrains_subway has a
similar bug :)

There seems to be no upper bound on the numbers it will accept.. does Lua use
arbitrary precision??

The feature set is impressive, and doxy has achieved in a short time what
advtrains users have wanted for years. That said, I have no idea what kind of
performance impact it costs. I haven't empirically tested anything yet but I was
experiencing some frame drops when painting a wagon that had a destination
display enabled - does this same experience occur when creating each tram entity
that appears? That would be cause for concern.

Adding to my fake "Melbourne" tram I approximated an orange dot matrix display,
using the following text:

{text:#ff7122} {background:#222} 109; Box Hill; via Richmond, City

The fact that the 'Outside text' is used is understandable, because the
alternative of actual Line Numbers is not feasible, as that information is used
for automatic train routing.

I've discussed this with doxy directly before, but: Melbourne gunzels call these
"destination displays" rather than "visual line numbers", since after all they
are more than just a line number. "Destination display" gets shortened to just
"desto" as well, as in "That tram has 'City' on its desto" (as many trams in
Melbourne once did and still do). All that to say there's definite room to
shorten the name or at least make it more semantic, which might happen in a
future release.

Coupling

While the mini tram is at the forefront of a lot of advtrains features, it
hasn't added coupler type definitions. Judging by pictures online you should be
able to couple them together, at least to each other; I don't know what coupler
type would be used. If they're only permanently coupled sets then I would make
it a minitram-specific coupler type.

Sound

There is no sound :( If I recall correctly the author doesn't normally play with
sound and has decided to keep it that way. If it were up to me, every tram would
have some nice recorded sounds including bell sounds, but sadly not everybody is
a sound nerd when it comes to rail transport, nor does everybody play with sound
enabled in Minetest.

A list of sounds to include would be:
  • Motor sounds at low and high speed, and startup and stop sounds.
  • A bell sound for the horn/Aux1.
  • Door sounds.
All of which are quite feasible to record for a railfan with a microphone,
(perhaps something a little better than a phone is needed though) and some time
on their hands, and of course physical access to a tram at a quieter time of
day.

Conclusions

Doxydoxy's mini tram and associated libraries are technically impressive and
will hopefully help advtrains as a whole progress. The modpack is technically
impressive although it lacks a good GUI to help non-powerusers, a problem which
is quite feasible to address. Thankfully, it comes with copious amounts of
documentation, in which the author lives up to his name of "doxygen spammer".
However, reading READMEs is quite unfamiliar especially to ContentDB users.

The library mods multi_component_liveries, attachment_offset_patch and
visual_line_number displays highlight gaps in wagon functionality in advtrains,
and I hope to see at the attachment offset patch and some ideas from the livery
functions make it into advtrains core.
Attachments
minitram_reviewimg.jpeg
minitram_reviewimg.jpeg (225.65 KiB) Viewed 3102 times

doxygen_spammer

Blockhead wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 19:41
Minitram Review by Blockhead
Wow, thanks for the thorough review!
I would like to see multi_component_liveries and visual_line_number_displays
moved into separate mods too just like the attachment offset mods.
I am working on multi_component_liveries currently.
There will be some API changes, and a supplementary livery_nodes mod (like advtrains_attachment_offsets is a supplementary mod shipped with advtrains_attachment_offset_patch).
livery_nodes will give a visual interface to livery stacks, using some formspecs and nodes with entities representing individual livery layers.

After that, I want to make something similar for visual_destos.
The thin strips of rubber around the windows and doors, the rounded edges and
thin strips around the driver's cabin all make the overall aesthetic sit more
into a 'realistic shapes' art style that isn't typical in Minetest.

That might all sound nitpicky
You probably considered whether this criticism will hurt my feelings, because I put a lot of work into the model.
But actually this is just what I have already criticized myself.
I want to make a new model, with less detail, but better pixel alignment.
My Blender skills should be sufficient now. :)

I want to keep the diagonal lines on the front side windows, instead of pixelating them.

A new model is necessary anyway, because the current model is too big (both mesh and textures) and impacts performance.
I'm left wondering why are the minitram recipes a mod instead of a config option
to enable/disable them? Dependency 'clean'liness?
Yes, kind of.
My intention is to keep the mod with the model limited to the basics, by just providing the model and a usable wagon definition.
If the recipe mod breaks because of a bug or changes in one of the dependencies, the wagon model will still be usable.

minitram_crafting_recipes may be useful for other tram models, which I will later add to this modpack.
Like a Tatra T6*, KT8* or RT8*.
you literally
can't rotate the camera when the tram/train is in motion in singleplayer.
advtrains overrides the viewing angle of the player whenever the wagon is on a curve.
Because Lua code gets the player’s viewing angle with some delay, advtrains sets the angle to an outdated value.
Minetest should make it possible to define the viewing angle to be a child of the attachment parent.
Until then, advtrains could decide to update the viewing angle only when the wagon left the curve.
A bike painter with no metadata (never used formspec) will crash the server if
you try to paint the tram with it.
Confirmed.
I noticed the same very recently in livery_nodes.
I managed to make an passable interpretation of Melbourne's PTV/Yarra
Trams Livery to make my Konstal look more like a Melbourne A-class, using this
livery:
You “abused” the Window Detail component, which was only made for Szczecin.
There should probably be more generic components.

There are 243 component numbers left. ;)
When the new model is finished, I want to add more components.
The triangle patterns from Melbourne will probably make a nice texture.
Negative line numbers generate errors (don't worry, advtrains_subway has a
similar bug :)
Confirmed.
Interestingly, I noticed this on the subway wagon, but didn’t try it on the tram.
Judging by pictures online you should be
able to couple them together, at least to each other; I don't know what coupler
type would be used.
The Konstal sets I have seen in Warszawa are permanently coupled, and the couplers look improvised.
The rear wagons often even have their driver stands and pantographs removed/damaged, so they wouldn’t be able to be used alone.
Maybe Konstal just put trust in the craftsmanship of tram services.
If they're only permanently coupled sets then I would make
it a minitram-specific coupler type.
I don’t see a reason why there should be a specific coupler.
I think dlxtrains or some other mod has specific couplers for some wagons and an adapter wagon, but I just trust the player to not make nonsense trains.

I would be open for a “passenger train” coupler, if advtrains defines it and there are enough other train mods where it is applicable.
There is no sound :( If I recall correctly the author doesn't normally play with
sound and has decided to keep it that way.
Indeed.
But someone else may provide audio and a reference implementation / library for advtrains train sounds.

This youtube channel may be helpful.
Maybe someone can ask for relicensing, or even additional recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqAJIZ ... Z6w/videos

This youtube channel does not get near any Konstal trams, but may provide similar sounds.
The person is quite enthusiastic with the videos, I am sure they are happy to help. :)
https://www.youtube.com/c/IrvineCitaro
Attachments
Screenshot_20220624_134908.png
Screenshot_20220624_134908.png (244.89 KiB) Viewed 3051 times

doxygen_spammer

Attachment above:
The livery_nodes mod will have a flight case node, which can store liveries.
It can import and export them to the “slots” of multi_component_liveries, and set the color of the painting tool to apply the slot on a wagon.
It can also list the available presets, and makes summary icons for each of them.

The lighting trusses can be stacked on top of the controller, and act as display for one layer, each.
This display can be punched with the bike painter, and then the respective layer is colorized immediately.
If rightclicked, it lists the available components, and allows to move the layer up or down, or to remove it.

Flight case and lighting truss are also intended for decoration, and can be colored in 8 or 216 colors.
(In dark green, the lighting truss might be used as signal/catenary pole.)