[Mod] Ranking mod [rank]

fyregryph
In-game: fyregryph_

[Mod] Ranking mod [rank]

by fyregryph » Post

The rank mod provides the ability to assign ranks to players with quick and easy commands. I made this mod to meet my own need on my server, and I thought it would be helpful to others, even in it's current state of simplicity.

Ranks in the context of this mod are basically just sets of privs that are applied to a player. The ranks are defined in a lua file used for configuration. The mod also has a sort of authorization system that allows only admins to grant high level ranks, but also allows lower ranked players to grant ranks lower than their own. In the default configuration there are three tiers of authority to grant ranks: the third tier which should only be given to admins/owners and allows any rank to be given, the second tier which is only given to subadmins allows assigning any rank except subadmin, and the first tier only allows upgrading a guest to a normal player.

It is important to note that there is no admin rank, that is accomplished to granting all privileges and is too easily accomplished by /grant player all to be part of the ranking system. Another very important concept with the ranking system is that only the admin should ever have the priv privilege (abillity to use /grant), because any other level of player having that would undermine the whole ranking system. The authority level is simply stored as a privilege, for example with the default configuration the authorization privs are lvl1, lvl2, and lvl3, with lvl3 being the highest tier. Another important thing to note is that only the highest lvl priv a player has will be taken into account by the mod.

I plan on extending it so that the mod keeps track of the assigned rank of each player and update the players privs if any change in made to the configuration file.

I will add a proper readme in the github repository later, but for now I'll just add the usage information here.

Commands:
/rank <player> <rankname> --- Set the rank of player to rank if you have proper permission
/ranks ---list all available ranks, required rank to assign and associated privileges.

The default ranks included are:
* annoyance
* normal
* plus
* builder
* subadmin

Download at: https://github.com/fyregryph/rank
Licence: CC0 (why doesn't anyone here ever use this licence?)
Last edited by fyregryph on Wed Nov 19, 2014 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: [Mod] Ranking mod [rank]

by rubenwardy » Post

Useful mod.

Can you break that block of text into paragraphs? It is quite hard to read.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

TG-MyinaWD
GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

by TG-MyinaWD » Post

This might work for a Prison Server like one SSundee did on MC.

Just need make an Balance system and /rankup If S/he has the requirement of balance. and to need look into a way make it not possible players take dmg in None PvP zones.

But this mod will help for time been.
And if CC0 I guess it ok for me modify the code and repost it. But no matter what it was label as, I will still credit u.

Anyway if like help with the Subgame Prison Breakout Test u can.
We can discussion it on a new topic I will make when I, create more details on the project.
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.

fyregryph

by fyregryph » Post

--removed--

fyregryph

by fyregryph » Post

Alt. Tester wrote:This might work for a Prison Server like one SSundee did on MC.

Just need make an Balance system and /rankup If S/he has the requirement of balance. and to need look into a way make it not possible players take dmg in None PvP zones.

But this mod will help for time been.
And if CC0 I guess it ok for me modify the code and repost it. But no matter what it was label as, I will still credit u.

Anyway if like help with the Subgame Prison Breakout Test u can.
We can discussion it on a new topic I will make when I, create more details on the project.
I want too add a /promote /demote type of thing eventually, first I would have to keep track of which players have which ranks. Right now it basically just applies a set of privs to a user and that's it. Also the way current set of ranks I have setup in the config is not linear. Either changing the default hierarchy or adding a flag to a line of ranks to be used by rankup/down would be needed.

Vazon
IRC: Vazon
In-game: Vazon

by Vazon » Post

My servers already have all of this ( the Minerealms servers ). A modified version of the Server Extended mod is what we use and would be something to look at if you plan on perfecting this. :) looks promising on its own tho